Different moons for different worlds

What if different worlds had different moons? This way the more casual servers would have brighter moons, and be able to carry on with there creativity through the night. Alternatively hardcore servers would have smaller, dimmer moons that would provide little light, allowing for midnight PvP, and looting mischief. Just spitballing here. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

there are gonna be big changes to the skymap later in developement, it was asked earlier and i agree it would be cool to have different moon colors, as far as im aware you can already make different sun colors :smile:

3 Likes

Who needs different moons if every world revolves around the same one? Lol think about that!

thats not how it works… thats not how any of this works…

3 Likes

But planets don’t orbit around their moon(s) ._.

2 Likes

Yes. This. Does each Oort world have it’s own star, or are they grouped together in solar systems? Perhaps each server represents a different solar system; so the other worlds in the system are visible in the sky, colored to match their atmosphere color…

(labels for effect)

edit: and before you talk about the planets reflecting the moon’s light instead of the sun’s…I KNOW

3 Likes

I want to not only be able to set more then one moon, but also more then one sun (may be limited to two or three cuz of lighting and shadow issues). Also, I want to be able to set the time each sun and moon needs to circle the sky (and may be into which direction).

I just think about the trio of moons of Krynn (the world of Dragonlance (D&D) or about twin star systems (or even systems where the suns are each on the opposite direction of the planet so that there is no night, but only dawn noon and dusk :wink: )

1 Like

Welp.

this is the most official info we have. although they said they made something cooler.

EDIT: as the devs mentioned many times, the sky will be changed. i agree that it would be neat if we could see the other planets that were closed in the sky. (if the entire game arent just alot of dimensions connected together though)

3 Likes

I would definitely rent some servers to create Krynn with Lunitari, Solinari and Nuitari (the moons) as worlds for the linked universe :smiley: :earth_americas: :full_moon_with_face: :moon: :new_moon_with_face: :sunny:

Whoa, never saw that. Awesome. Thanks for reposting.

Would be cool to not only be able to set the color of the moons, but also the texture (many, low or no craters, with water, with continents). So it would be way more different between the worlds (and also way better to realise my project, muahahaharrrrrr :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

The real question is if two worlds orbit close to each other, can i snipe someone? :smiling_imp:

Also, will we be able to land… on the moons? :game_die:

To snipe someone… Ääähm - Nope! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But to land gives the idea that planets of the same solar system are visible to each other as moons. And once a week the game makes a map of the worlds, transforms it to a texture for them and then you may see your great buildings as small dots or the lights of them at night ;D