Discussion: "BEACONCAMPING" exploit or not +poll

It’s less than 7 days left when flame is gone. So yeah a bot needed for up to a week lol.

BTW apart from plotter durability using plotter could use some stamina so the bot would stop because of that probably sooner than plotter breaking.

2 Likes

OK didn’t know there was such a feature thought it runs out of fire when it is out of fuel

I agree to remove the fire dying out feature. That’s a great feature for a game that’s not Live, Private and just for friends that help each other. Or the letting of other sponsor it, but they can’t rob it blind for a set period of time.

But this is going live, and no matter who you are and what kind of morals you have, the world will fill this game with greedy cheating wannabe hackers that look for exploits and dishonest gains everywhere they can. Smoldering beacons is the SIGNAL beacon for those kind of people to sit and auto spam click until they own your build before you log in and fuel up.

Please remove the smoldering fires out. I mean, who are you trying to show that the beacon is low? We know our own when they get low. I prefer not to advertise it.

2 Likes

@krazykarl your beacons are not lit. need attention. I will hold their place for you for a while.

1 Like

I suspect that beacon timers are something that a decent coder could track, only because I’ve seen it done before.

I know this was a TERRIBLE issue back when ArcheAge was released (well, and when people still played it). Each server had a finite supply of land available for people to build homes and guild/community structures, and so, naturally, everyone fought tooth-and-nail and used every underhanded trick they could in order to claim all of this land on the first day.

After that, people started using scripts that allowed them to track expiration dates/times on plots of land, and also some sort of auto-clicking mechanism that was 100x faster than anyone mashing their mouse button so that they would instantly grab the plot the millisecond it became available. Even if they never intended to use the land, the insane demand for it meant that they raked in huge profits from what they were doing. And given the fact that the game required a monthly subscription which could be purchased using in-game currency… You can imagine what happened there.

1 Like

Preach brother :smiley:

@james you see we really need this?

1 Like