DKPoll: what is considered respectful vs not respectful plotting

I liked Conan Exiles (Ark and Rust are similar). There is no gleam club. You or members of your 10 person clan have to play almost every day to prevent your build from being destroyed. If somebody builds too close to you and you don’t like it, you can come with bombs at PVP time (4 hours every day) and blow up their base and murder them and take all their stuff.

Not saying we need that in boundless main game. Though if it were an alternate game mode, I would DEFINITELY play it.

@Apt yep that’s why I tried to give planets in most examples.

3 Likes

I have voted completely with my sincere idea, starting from a point where respect prevails, but there are things that affect, the attitudes of some people can influence whether to give in certain situations or not, and the tone in which it is said .

With respect to the “Conan” mode, it might be interesting, when I started in this game the first thing I did was try to defeat the users who were on my way, thinking that this game would be of that style. I think I’ve played Conan and ARK ​​for a long time hahaha

1 Like

Hm. Maybe these examples and others could be used to create a citizenship test. Once you hit 100 plots you have to take the test, be in at least 75% agreement with the majority and view the results from the community before you can keep plotting.

Like a tutorial as to what is or isn’t considered respectful. Could help new players avoid unintentional rudeness.

1 Like

No offense intended @DKPuncherello I can see the reasons for this but wow, such a shame that this needs to exist.

The forums are making me sad today. They could have fixed this with some beacon work but now we’re layers deep into destroying the plotting system and it’s just about time to rename the game.

:crying_cat_face:

Posted while I was typing:

Definitely time for a name change.

3 Likes

Couple points as I refrained from voting on these:

Ex17 and Ex18
This discussion is with respect to moving large cities and hubs:
I would NEVER consider moving a large city or hub without MAJOR reasons. MAJOR MAJOR reasons as it can take months to negotiate all the arrangements. If I were moving a city/hub (which we have done) I would contact all citizens and portal owners who were NOT problematic (not respectful or not active) and offer as close to equivalence as possible barring changes related to the MAJOR reason the hub/city is moving. NOW, here’s the problem. This isn’t possible (not at all). Opinions ALWAYS make equivalence or classification as a problematic or non-cooperative player contentious and any move will be BOTH respectful AND disrespectful.
If you tried your best to be respectful to the majority and can defend that argument by hours of effort, then I would say you are being respectful in general.

Ex 27 and Ex 28

I struggle with this, a lot. I try to make my mines of 2 categories, large and public, or tiny and private. And when I mine I run into lots of other small private bases. But while I find it annoying, I chastise myself quickly because why wouldn’t small private mining bases be ok… I don’t own the world!
So what about large private mines. I long ago decided that I was OK with these IF (and ONLY IF) they were there first. The way I see it, if they put it up 1 second before me then they were not aware of my presence and thus not being disrespectful of existing mining operations. If somebody plotted a huge mine directly in the way of others that would be disrespectful. That being said, Galan has TONS of space to mine, so I would probably note the player but not bother contacting them. If that were done w.r.t. amethyst or emerald locations I would be compelled to contact the owner…

Further note: If anybody has a grievance with any TNT or MrNiX mines please let me know. I can’t guarantee anything, BUT we will definitely consider changes.

2 Likes

I’m pretty surprised by how a few of the votes went actually. And yeah shame it has to be posted but I think this is a discussion that is loooooong overdue. I agree it’s a shame this wasn’t all done a year ago. But doing it now is at least better than doing it a year from now!

1 Like

This whole discussion begs another question:

Can you use a lot of plots without pissing somebody off?

7 Likes

Probably not.

Btw, are there TNT amines on galan? Yours are definitely not the ones I’m referencing. Lol.

Not if you start the list with “people who are pissed that you have a lot of plots”.

2 Likes

there are yeah (or associated). One is a long hallway… or two? All the “hallway” ones are public though… but most are just a handful of plots. And I’m not offended even if one of ours was trouble. No offense was intended and if I wasn’t aware of one (offense) I don’t feel responsible for it. That comes after being aware :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha nah it’s a player I’ve never heard of. I think it’s absurd to complain about something done by a known player who is active on forums without contacting them first. That’s why I’m in every boundless discord I can find :blush: makes me easy to contact

1 Like

I think everyone should be afforded the same level of respect - unless they do something that damages it. A lot of players have never seen the forums & don’t know who’s been around awhile and who hasn’t.

Icons/indicators by our in-game usernames could help.

4 Likes

I mean in my personal case where I pretty much know every active player.

Adding a few new polls

Lol you are easy to contact! And in my experience reasonable and respectful. I’m not so sure about citizenship though. Much as I hate it sometimes, I still feel it is still valid play so long as it doesn’t violate the rules. (You do have that caveat above) But I’d lie if I told you I wasn’t very preferential to people who were considerate and respectful.

I’m personally shocked that I don’t get more grief from people as I have a LOT LOT LOT of plots. I try pretty hard to be respectful. but boy, it can be hard to account for every possibility. I have quite a few examples of when I de-plotted huge areas just to be “out of the way” of somebody though. Even when I was there first and couldn’t contact them. On the other hand, I’m completely unapologetic about the area around nixia. We have suffered a couple potential take-over attempts and awkward plotting situations. I just don’t have the time to be anything but proactive. Which is what I recommend for anybody with big plans… if you need the area for expansion, you need to plot it (provided you aren’t walking over somebody who is already there). Period whatever that takes, even if it takes money or a month of mining and crafting to get cubits. You can always work out the details later.

3 Likes

@DKPuncherello I like this and the voting I just noticed a while back those that either work hard for their plots and just play the game they like to play get disliked by those that have fewer plots even (like myself) have enough plots and mainly also use them to help out players in need. just because u have many plots as well doesn’t mean everyone is doing the right thing with it and will abuse the system.

1 Like

Ex 10, is probably the worse, luckily that hasn’t happened close to me yet.

1 Like

Rental planets, please.

9 Likes

I won’t name and shame anyone. But let’s just say his name rhymes with Frog Mash

If someone will be reserving a large area to plot and not do anything with it, they better not to plot next to a large city, but if you are willing to work with the city go for it. Or plot a location that you know that city won’t be expanding ask for permission first so they don’t get mad.

2 Likes

My general opinion is you should always build in the middle of nowhere unless you have consent from whatever city you are near; this avoids conflict as much as possible.