DKPoll: Private world color palettes

Should color palettes be RNG? User settable within perm planet palettes? User settable within exo planet palettes? Or user settable any colors they want?

• RNG
  • User settable perm palettes
  • User settable exo palettes
  • User settable any colors

0 voters

Should people be able to change their planet’s palette after it has spawned and people have built?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I’m OK with RNG - as long as all colours can show up to the party eventually - in some way or another, even if some are ‘rarer’ than others. Someone lucks out and hits a rare colour, everyone benefits. :tada:

More planets. More colours. More :moneybag::euro:. More content. More flavour.
EVERYBODY WINS.

4 Likes

I’d like a mix of exo and perm palletes, how bow dah?

That’s the exo option
Included all lower options too
Or your money back

1 Like

exo and perm planet use the same RNG palette or algorithm.

1 Like

Give them whatever colours they want, I just wanna be free to farm black gleam whenever it pops up on someone’s planet. If someone is able to gate keep/get the monopoly on it because they spent money, then… this ain’t it chief

RNG at first so we may roll new colors, but exo or (recent exos) + permanent.

2 Likes

It’s possible to get colors that no one has seen yet. Once they’re introduced, anyone can select them.

3 Likes

I think it’s perfect the way it is :ok_hand:

1 Like

This is what the UI looks like now…

2 Likes

I think the ultimate range of colours matters severely and should be made transparent by the development team; not a third party (which will be the ultimate case regardless.) Personally, I have several hundred dollars set aside for multiple worlds when they become available. I won’t spend a single dime until I know what I’m after is achievable, even if it’s behind a heavy RNG-based pay wall. I’m not asking for full customization right off the bat; that’s too much IMO. However, if a particular colour is unachieveable thru the world spawning process, this needs to be public information upon live release - otherwise I’ll let everyone else gamble on a preset colour pool with their real world currency and find something else to do with my time. :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

I guess I do agree with this. That the full range of colors needs to be available through RNG. Yes it means every single color will eventually become available but that’s fine by me. I just like that it’s random. I do agree knowing if every color is available from the RNG is important because if you CANT get a certain color no matter how many rentals you buy, that’s a problem. So I agree with you here. That needs to be public information

Edit: I love all the azure and cerulean colors. If I couldn’t get every single azure and cerulean gleam through RNG I probably wouldn’t buy a rental

1 Like

It just sucks not knowing; it’s only in testing and I’m sure parameters aren’t permanent yet but I have been hyped for this release for a while now!

It would be more than a bad day paying for several different worlds only to find out the pallet is limited and there was never a chance in the first place. :weary:

Edit: you ever need any pure azure gleam let me know - I have tons.

1 Like

You mean brand new colors not even seen in gleambows? Like night red or something? :thinking:

1 Like

I have no idea what it means lol (that would be cool to get something like that tho)
They’ll have to elaborate when they can.

1 Like

For sure! Either way it’s cool :smiley:

1 Like

No the same palette of 255 colors is used for everything.

There are colors that are used currently in public planets.

There are colors that have been seen on exo planets, but not permanent planets.

Gleambow is supposed to produce colors from the whole palette of 255 colors.

When they say “never seen before” they mean not available in the permanent palette or seen in the exo palette.

1 Like

Ah I see, thank you for elaborating!