DKPoll: Why do you hunt?

I don’t have that setup.

I’m not the most tech savvy person here and can’t fully remember how to do it. But I think you need to join the Portal Seekers discord and post !hunter in the public chat. A bot will then notify you when someone puts out a hunt announcement! :slight_smile:

Can someone link the PS discord please? (If I’m correct in thinking this lol!)

1 Like

I like challenges, and that is why i like to go solo hunting.
I know it’s not rewarding on the loot/time ratio but - at least for me - it is rewarding on the experience and feelings side. You have to prepare, buy or forge everything you need and you can’t make a mistake or you are dead. And i love to go for agility - mobility, power, critical dmg over hp, more like an assassin than tank - referring to rpg arechetypes.

When i went in group hunt i loved the “being together” side, but yes, it is something you can do brainless if there are a couple of people who knows what to do.

And that is why, for me “hunting” is something like going alone, run, hide, survive, adapt, kill; going in a group it’s more like “yeeee let’s go hunt with my friends!” or “woah that’s so easy i can’t believe i fatigued so much untill now”

Edit: i haven’t voted on the poll as none of the answers fit my toughts :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s sad, but you’re right. Hopefully it’ll be useful information for them.

It’s also a great case study for why the developers shouldn’t take too much notice of the forum when it comes to decision making. If you just read through the posts, you’d be forgiven for thinking it’s a roughly 50/50 split between those that like it, and those that don’t. Those anonymous poll results suggest a completely different story. One or other (or both) of them must be significantly off.

It could be really good to get some kind of in-game poll facility for the developers to get feedback. It should catch more users than just the forum crowd, and could really help boost the feel of developer-community interaction. It might also cut through the noise of some of the more avid champions of their specific causes who make multiple posts about the same topic on the forums.

Of course, if they gather enough metrics to have internally assessed this already, then it might be a moot point.

2 Likes

In game polls would be great. Toss a poll out there once a week and put it in sanctum. Take the poll by talking to the sanctum citizen!

In the mean time I try to do my best doing forum polls. You know, cuz I’m the poll guy haha :blush:

you should have called this poll “Why you don’t hunt” xD 8/10 answers contain “don’t enjoy it”, it seems that you can enjoy hunting because of mechanics/mobs and socializing only

edit: i’m writing this just to say that with a poll like this you will evidently collect only “i don’t like hunting” votes, while people who likes hunting will not vote as there are no answers posted for them :stuck_out_tongue:

I had my most fun solo hunt tonight on an exo, it landed near a natural trench and some stone henge like pillars, I died but I took most of them down, I’m going to put it on YouTube tomorrow I think.

2 Likes

The only time I hunt is when I happen to go say hello to @Ratchel in game and he’s about to leave for a hunt and tells me to join and throws slingbows and heal bombs into my inventory. Doesn’t happen often but more than I care for :joy:

1 Like

Right I want swords or battle axes lol

2 Likes

Actually I’m diluting the non-hunting vote by the layout. I doubt people who enjoy hunting didn’t vote because they only had 2 options, that doesn’t make much sense to me.
But you’re probably right about the title.

Edit: just reread the poll and there are 6 reasons why people hunt among the ten. But only two are for hunt lovers, true enough :blush:

2 Likes

you can join the ultima discord… they have the bot setup to alert you when there is a hunt. The one I posted was this week and its run by Powerman and company from Fireborn 12pm noon times for about 2 hrs (Xa Frant T3 usually)… JaceyLive will be doing his I believe around 9am est for about 2 hrs (Circarpous T4 and sometimes Delta and Serp depending on meteor falls).

Hope this helps you get out there on the fun @SavageSpyder83

1 Like

I hunt for several reasons. First of all, i got bored of the platform hunts on T4 planets, many people, mobs dead the second they spawn… no challenge. I wanted to go on higher tier planets, feel to be part of a group that needs every hand, helping each other, to have finally the feeling that “we are good”. Secondly for European evening time, there were no hunts available, so I had to organize my own and since then every time I enjoy the two hours fully, plus the drops from mobs for forging are significantly better.

So I hunt for the fun, for the high tier mob drops and most rewarding feeling, when people like it.

2 Likes

Yeah i think the best feeling I’ve had after a hunt is when it’s a smallish group at high tier, when you go two hours with a group of 6 - 8 on T6 and clean up it feels like you did something.

30 people crushing T4 is good for loot but for me it’s mostly just a lagfest and trying to squeeze in a hit or two.

2 Likes

I hunt for oort and to see other players. Sometimes also for animal drops and to see nice landscapes.

I like that hunting is open world and not closed area thing where there are limited player count with forced roles. Also loot distribution is done nice way, so that there is no any roll drama :smiley:

3 Likes

I like the loot distribution but would like equal (or improved) xp distribution

1 Like

I kinda disagree about the xp distribution. On lower tier hunts, there are always going to be people that are just there to loot (nothing wrong with that at all) and some people that kill all the mobs. Every bow shot costs durability and bows aren’t cheap to make. The xp is a nice bonus for those that choose that route.

1 Like

I selected the most positive response, in reality its a “I need oort, and monster loot, and hunting in a large group is the most time efficient way to get both” I neither “love” it nor do I “not like it”, It is a means to an end, and not one I dislike at all (The largest groups of players I’ve ever seen in one area is during a hunt and I do like seeing others playing this awesome game).

I like group hunts, they are quick, and I get a lot of materials that I need for my store. But I’m in a minority here, since I play the game to run a store first and building and creative stuff second.

I hunt for Oort, trophies, and of course the bane of my existence… adrenal glands.

2 Likes