Do chiseled blocks block snow?

Just finished a regen farm, but the snow is non-stop and glass doesn’t stop it. Does anyone know if chiseled blocks will? Or metal octogrid?

That’s strange :thinking: glass blocks the snow for me. It’s always snowing in my forest on Arie, i have a huge flat glass platform above that stops the snow and my domes are made from glass that stop the snow too…
Post some screenshots maybe? Not sure why it isn’t working for you

Edit: now I’m wondering if you meant glass panes rather than glass blocks. The ones at my place are all glass blocks

1 Like

Yeah the glass panes I meant… the snow covers everything under them.

1 Like

I see i see, there’s talk that the glass panes will eventually become blocks rather than meshes as they are now. Maybe once they’re blocks they will stop the snow?

1 Like

Mmmmh, might wanna tell @lucadeltodecso about this, it’s clearly a bug and should be fixed before Oortmas.

1 Like

Also I wonder if doors block snow, or do no mesh blocks stop weather?

Doors used to iirc. Tho I dunno if they still do. But it would have to be completely solid doors as the ones with holes I believe were changed to allow fluids thru them.

1 Like

Meshes don’t stop snow, as they don’t count as a full block.

Glass panes being meshes for the time being means they wouldn’t. Glass blocks however, definitely would.

Chiseled blocks and glass panes do not block snow for me. I hope this gets fixed.

2 Likes

If it is a 1 wide line of glass then it won’t stop the snow going under it… think of how snow falls, it spreads a little bit around openings and doors, it doesn’t fall down in a straight line

Any update on this bug?

I have a lot of snow on the ground under chiseled blocks and glass. There are no openings to the outside for at least 20m so I’d assume it’s not a “snow drift” problem :slight_smile:

Some info posted in a recent thread

Thanks Soju,

So not a bug… a feature :slight_smile:

1 Like