Do USA players still have problems with EU planets?

Not sure if this problem ever was fixable, since it’s the “internet” that’s broken, but how goes US to EU connection these days?

Haven’t played in a while and thinking about getting back into things, but my favorite planet is Lamblis :frowning: it just isn’t the same anywhere else.

Things usually run well for me and my brother. We are US West on PS4 with Comcast. Every once in a while there will be unplayable connections but not how it used to be. I spend a lot of time gathering on Beseverona and it runs smooth.

I do hear of others from time to time having issues, especially with the Australian servers. But I say, give it a chance.

2 Likes

It can be hit or miss just depending on Planet for me. I’ve also got a powerhouse of a computer and always play with an Ethernet cord in, but our connection can be spotty.

Lutrion and Bes always seem fine to me though.

1 Like

Always hated sitting down to play after a long day at work and couldn’t leave Sanctuary… well, not without paying 3,000c for a warp lol

I’ve really never noticed any difference overall, actually. But then, I don’t have a good connection (the DSL I have is the best available at my house) so I get occasional problems everywhere… but seems about equal, just as frequent on USE planets as anywhere else.

I very rarely have issues with connecting up to the EU planets. US EAST Here.

No problems here connecting to any worlds from the US

1 Like

I had issues vice versa - connecting from EU to US planets and this seems now working well.

I have issues with EU servers (PS4) always around 6pm to 10pm EST US time. Luckily I have a base on Maryx too (east coast) so I just go there if its to bad, Lately Maluriakrib (sp) has been bad as of late and thats new for me.

1 Like

I live in Canada and I never have any issue with all 4 regions servers , my home is even on an Europeen server

I still have problems on Eresho and Finata every evening. I’ve just stopped trying to play boundless from 7pm to 2am; unfortunately this is the main time when I would play boundless. So, I still play, but not nearly as much as I once did. It’s pretty frustrating to only be able to play a game during certain hours of the day. I just don’t bother trying to play the game at all during those 7 hours a day, since having all servers working is pretty essential to portal mechanics.

I know it seems drastic, but couldn’t WS migrate all EU servers to US East? EU player don’t have nearly as many issues on US servers.

I’m in Chicago on Comcast.

1 Like

I live in Southern Texas and I can count the times I’ve had connection issues since release on one hand. And that was only during the last big hurricane that hit the east coast.

1 Like

I’m in south Texas too :wink:

1 Like

Nonsense! where do you get your knowledge from? I play from Germany and I have at certain times strong connection problems to US servers! for example Building in Legendville or your Legendmall is very exhausting! I also have a 100,000 DSL line - On the line it can not be so! Many of my friends have this problem as well! To say that EU players have less problems is simply a false statement!

1 Like

NO!

Ping doubles for me on US E servers, I rather not want that to be the case for my home planet.

And besides, if they do that will they then also move the AUS servers to US E? Because those are the servers EU players tend to have issues with from time to time.

Normal for me is, on AUS servers, to get a ping around 200-210, but that’s really, really close to being unplayable so the slightest hickup in the connection somewhere makes this unplayable for lots of people as well.

2 Likes

This is not only hilariously pompous to the rest of us, it is really insulting to people who live in the EU.

3 Likes

I am US East living on Besverona. I still have issues but not as bad as it was before Besverona was down for a day.

Other than the planets I have buildings and run hunts on I really dont travel around much.

I think that it’s mostly been better for me lately on the EU planets. But I wonder if this is because I now use the Eresho Hub instead of the old Finata Hub.
However the other day on an Australian server, McRib, I had some server issues and I was shorted Oort stones on one of the meteorites.

Haha, I see how you could read it that way. As far as I was aware, EU people don’t have unplayable lag on US east. I wasn’t suggesting it just because I live here lol.

Thanks for the replies, it sounds like it’s still an unfixable problem for a few of us :frowning: