Does anybody play this?

I just bought the game, and I’m looking for literally anyone. I’ve been running around Berlyn for hours, finding empty settlements, I even ran all the way to the capitol Black Light which I’ve seen posts about and youtube videos yet its straight up out of the Twilight Zone and nobody is around. Starting to seriously regret this, how is this an MMO again? The exploration is great and finding peoples builds is great but man I expected way more people to be on with this amount of stuff.

3 Likes

Well, what are your coordinates?
There are people online on that planet at least :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m at the capitol settlement of Berlyn, haven’t seen a single other person around or on my compass even. I walked a pretty good distance to get there too, and stopped at all the settlements I found to check them out.

1 Like

Hey there, welcome to Boundless!
Right now the game is still in development and doesn’t have a large consistent player count. BUT, there are still several places where you can find people at almost all times of the day. Aquatopia in Solum and Therka Market in Therka are some of the more populated areas.
Black Light is a quaint little capital, with only around 5 consistent players there, including me. You’re going to have a hard time finding people on Berlyn, it’s a slower paced starter planet as far as mobs and players go. I’ve been busy with work so I haven’t been on in the last couple days. But @Zina and @Rumplypigskin are two other members of Black Light and would be happy to help you out if you stick around on Berlyn. I’d recommend using either of the 2 portal hubs in town to get to other planets. From there you’ll be able to find cool people like @Swede!
Anywho, I have to head to work. Good luck to you! And greetings from the mayor of Black Light :grin: I hope you enjoy the game

5 Likes

Im there now. Cant see you. Did you go through a portal? =)

2 Likes

I play the game and proud to be a part of this growing community!

4 Likes

Boundless is an Early Access game. It’s constantly growing and changing in large degrees, and we’re here as, “alpha testers” of sorts. There is a fairly dedicated – albeit small – community here, and there are twelve large worlds. Randomly happening upon people in the current state of the game won’t happen often, unless you find your way to a city. Yes, this is an MMO. But it’s the early stages of an MMO. The playerbase is constantly growing. We’d be happy for you to be one of them. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You should Consider joining the Aquatopia(https://discord.gg/7MvUSeT) and Portal Seekers Discord, this makes Joining “Partys” and Playing together alooooot Easier :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hi welcome to Boundless, probally the best places to look for players is Aquatopia and therka market, those are probally the best places to find portals to other planets, as well as find other players.

1 Like

I had to log off. At the start I ran around a bit looking for you, and I came across a handful of players not too far away from the capital on Berlyn. Two of them were new players.

You could choose a more populated area if you would like to. Or stay where you are. If you have your home near Black Light you can just use the portals there when you want to go to other planets.

If you have the scanner skill players will show on your compass as red squares if they are within range. Hope that helps.

1 Like

aquatopia has always someone walking about :slight_smile:
and footfall coin is higher then other places
also we have active markets
and comunity

1 Like

Thanks for the responses guys. I just got super frustrated because I couldn’t get a response from anyone on the Discord and couldn’t find anyone in game so naturally I got a little heated. I appreciate the hell out of the useful responses though. Definitely going to give this game another shot, I just got bummed because I was looking for something EXACTLY like this for so long, and felt like it was a ghost town :(.

Also Swede sorry about that bro! add me on Steam and i’ll gladly play with anyone.

Steam name is Deadscvm

4 Likes

Aquatopia woodland market is up and coming also!

1 Like