Does anyone know?

…how many power coils it takes on a refinery to get the minimum time for refining rock? I assume its not all 24 but I am not sure exactly how those work yet. I hate the 25 minutes when 11 minutes is so much more efficient. lol.

There’s a place called “Lake” that’s located in showroom under the coils section where he has every coil for 1k ea. If you need any help buying any, let me know :blush: also, I think for the fastest time you need them to be fully coiled (7200 power) :blush:

6 Likes

24 is the max # you can have.

Oh yes, I love the lake. Also I know it’s not the full 24 because I have one refinery that I ran out of room and it doesn’t have the max (it’s at 6600) but it still does the 11 minutes 42 seconds. I suppose I could play with my existing refineries but I was hoping not to have to tear down a wall to find out. Lol.

1 Like

There is a chart somewhere with amount of coils and craft time reduction. I think 14 or 15 coils would be ideal as after that time reduction is minimal

Research ability reduced as sitting in garden trying to get my head tanned after my first ever buzz cut lol.

4 Likes

I am using myself usually setup from 9 to 11 advanced coils on machines. It is optimal for me to pile up more machines over each other and have enough coils. I think for rock operations something like 4 to 8 is enough and it keeps mesh limit under control and lowers fixing time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for finding it for me!! Good luck on the tan!! Lol.

Thanks!! I’ll give this a shot as it seems to be the most affordable option until my marble shop becomes a little more well known.

1 Like

I was considering getting my own buzz, but I never thought about this dilemma :>

BUZZ CANCELLED

2 Likes

Bahahahaha too funny!!

2 Likes

8 is kind of perfect. It takes the time to 12 min 6 seconds and 9 takes it to 11 min 55 seconds. So more than 8 really isn’t useful. Thanks so much for giving me a place to start!!

-Edit- I meant 9. Apparently I miscounted. 9 is 12 min 6 seconds and 10 is 11 min 55 seconds. Lol.

1 Like

For refined rock I use 4 or 5 I can’t exactly remember. But more thant that was worthless

2 Likes

Ok, so the number of coils you would want depends on power requirement of recipes.

No Power Recipes: you will be happy with 4 advanced power coils (1200 Power), it’s diminished return after that already, but going up to 8 is still worth your while I believe.
Power Recipes: count how many advanced coils you need to cover the requirement, and then add 4 more coils to get a significant reduction in time and spark; add up to 8 with satisfying enough results
(example: if your recipe needs 1200 Power that means you need 4 advanced power coils to cover it; add 4 more for way shorter time and smaller spark cost - that’s 8 coils to be happy enough; ad aup to 8 to get some more advantage, although not as satisfying - that’s up to 12 coils for that recipe)

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!!

2 Likes