Does or WIll this game offer anything to/for non builders?

I like the concept of Minecraft, but that game wouldnt be useful for me because I lack any sort of creative talent or building ability (heck my stick figures look like crap so I cant even imagine trying to build a good looking 3D structure). That being said would this game offer anything for people like me? For example in Minecraft youre not playing on a server full of ppl like an MMO instead its only you alone and the people you invite so that would be pointless to me however since this game will be MMO like at least Id be able to see other people structures and interact with other players. But thats passive, would there be an active elements I could enjoy?

For example in a game lie EVE Online if you lacked combat ability you could still enjoy the game by playing the stock market and getting rich that way or being the best miner around and getting rich without ever firing a shot. The possibilities are endless. So here could someone say, be a merchant that goes out an procures the stuff thats in high demand that people want to buy and sell it himself thus enjoying the game that way, or getting rich enough to contract community members to do your building for you, or be that guy in the guild who handle all the supply/resource gathering or butt kicking for the builders of the guild, etc etc?

From how I understand it, definitely. You will be able to open shops and even charge people for crossing through your land. So, if you like crafting and hunting mobs, you could definitely become a shopkeeper or a bounty hunter. You would be paid for your services, and could use the money you earned to pay for things you need or even for someone to build you a nice house.

2 Likes

Mining, hunting, trade, exploration, crafting, dungeoneering are all expected to be available in 1.0. Later, we hope to see other professions such as agriculture, pilot, gladiator (pve arenas), beastmaster, etc. And that’s just the non-building professions, not including things like city builder, dungeon builder, etc. There will be dozens of viable playstyles! That’s what makes Boundless work as a sandbox game, you play it how ever you want.

9 Likes