Does the increased fast action boon on a forged golden fist work?

I was considering buying a forged golden fist but I have my doubts that the fast action will actually work as advertised in the UI. Especially given that there is an existing bug with the grapple mastery skill not increasing fist damage with the gold fist

Would appreciate a response from anyone that has actual gameplay experience with a forged fast action gold fist.

The grapple mastery doesn’t say action speed increase for fist weapons, only damage(which doesn’t work) as for the action speed affecting the fist weapons I am 90% certain that it doesn’t help because of the reload time.

Sorry. I meant to say that ingame UI says increase to fist damage but that doesn’t work and it’s a known bug.

Edited my post to reflect that.

I’ve only had low level action speed boons on gold fists while testing, but because of the reload animation it doesn’t seem to make any difference.

Next patch is supposed to equalize action speed between all weapons/tools so maybe it’ll ve better then.

I have used fists for a while now before and after I had high dexterity. I saw no difference in action speed with and without the extra action speed. However, the patch notes for the current test build mention changes to action speed and make a very specific note that Fist is unbalanced because of the change. That can mean a lot of things, but that is also a test thing and not on live servers.

Yeah I kind of paraphrased in my post, here’s what’s written:

So that could mean anything. Hopefully it’s not a nerf to fists as they are my favorite dual use tool. (not that them being unbalanced with an unfair advantage is much better)