Does this count as Harassment?

I’ve seen a lot of post telling this person, “You should have plotted the land, your at fault for not doing so.” People need to remember, not everyone has money to waste on a game and simply buy massive amounts of plots in a short period of time. Having said that, my advice is to simply build around the plot to one side, don’t encase it in plots or you’ll be the one reported. However should this happen again by the same person, then yes report this person as they are now intentionally interfering with your ability to expand. So take it with a grain of salt, maybe it’s just a prank by someone trying to troll you.

Two things. First your other post:

He is preventing the OP from expanding his project, for no reason.

Secondly:

A, he didn’t have any other plots around. He wasn’t ‘defending’. It was 100% attacking the OP.

B, if he didn’t have the plots, why did he start planning for something that big? Before you even place the very first block to build, you should have all the plots already owned so there ISN’T a land dispute.

A Land Dispute should be if Player A is building, and desides to expand a little bit in one direction, and it’s owned by another player, HOWEVER, Player B isn’t using the plot for anything, nothing is build there, it’s just there for no reason, and won’t give it up because he doesn’t like Player A. That would be a land dispute.

But plopping a land down to prevent expansion into where he wants to build, when he doesn’t even have the plots to build it? That’s not a Dispute, that’s a waste of everyone’s time, and griefing, as he is preventing another player from expanding, just because he doesn’t have the number of plots needed first.

And again, as I pointed out, he isn’t using it for anything but a sign. He isn’t building, he isn’t expanding, there are no other plots around own by him, there are no projects. There is nothing going on, except 1 player preventing another player from expanding a project. It’s VERY 1 sided, and clearly falls under Griefing.

1 Like

You are assuming why he plotted the land and making a judgement based on your assumption. He is not even here to defend or explain himself. And how is he griefing when the OP can still build a road (just not in the exact direction they please)?

Anyway, I am not defending anything here but a player’s rights to use their land how they choose and to fairly gain land. If the community embraces this silly idea that using game mechanics and game rules fairly to get things can somehow be overridden or trumped by other player projects and whining to the game staff, then this game will fall to chaos. That is not how a land owning MMO should be run, at all. The OP is clearly trying some attempt to get this plot of land removed forcefully for their own benefit because they do not like where it is and what is on it. That is wrong, in my opinion.

This is not my first land owning MMO and I have seen much worse. Hell, I have one ridiculous story from Second Life. During the recent U.S. Presidential election, there was an official in-game headquarters for the Hillary Clinton campaign. Some guy bought the land around where the campaign headquarters were and put a huge Trump mural that was impossible to ignore. Was he passive aggressive and wrong? Depends on who you ask, but he was not “griefing” players.

And, as I just pointed out with my last post, this player is not even here to defend himself or tell his side of the story, so you and several other posters here are making swift assumptions about what is going on based only off from what the OP has told/shown us.

You are comparing apples and artichokes. He could have plotted a spot one plot in either direction of where he did. He didn’t. If he already had property here that would be different, but he doesn’t. He bought one plot with no other intention then stopping the direction of the road.

The reason he chose to do that is irrelevant. Dropping a plot for no other reason than to stop someone else’s build, especially when you don’t already have property there, is griefing…and there is zero excuse for it.

1 Like

As suggested earlier, I’d put “c” plots around and continue my road. Dont block him in but you are free to claim the other plots and continue your road. I know its unfortunate for your road plan but if he sees you’re going to continue he may leave.
Obviously try and speak with the other player and settle it that way. But plot that road so he cant take more space from you.
On the flip side, he should have put down enough plots to completely discourage you from entering his area.
I dont consider this griefing personally.

facedesks

So much wrong in here, lets take it slow.

This is actually false. Read the title of the thread, and what he actually says:

He’s not here hunting the player down, defaming him, and asking the Devs to remove his plot. He’s curious about the rulings, wandering if what the other person did is griefing, or if it’s not. He didn’t ask for actions to happen, just a clerification of the rules.

Second:

You’re defending a way of thinking to grief people. Any rule at all about owning land has to be very flexable, cause the more strict it is, or the more exact, people will still fall into line with the rules, and block people. Such as Putting a small dirt hole with a trap door as the ‘House’ and use that to block people from owning whatever plot they want, no matter the situation.

So look at this situation, as it stands right now. There are no other plots around. There is no building. The player isn’t even there, talking with the OP to explain the situation. He placed a plot, with the sole purpose to prevent another player from owning it. He isn’t expanding, growing, or even using said plot. It’s being used to prevent someone else to use it.

Your use here fails cause the person used in this example actually BUILT on the land, he USED the land. But the player here isn’t using it except as a message to ward another player away without World Gen kicking in.

And lets be honest. Most other Land Owning MMOs either A, don’t care about griefing or abuse, even actively encuraging it for PvP, or people can’t own multiple lands that combine together, or the land owning is already pre designed and the building is very small and simple.

How many land owning mmos let you own tiny plots of lands just to build a road between towns?

2 Likes

Can you point me to the game rules where it says I have to build anything on my plots? If I want to I can leave them empty for eternity as far as I understand game mechanics and rules. If plot is mine, and you want it, there is no dispute, there is only my will of giving plot to you, or the lack of this will. Nothing more, nothing less.

No it’s not. Not plotted land is free for all. There is written rule in CoC that Plotting around another players base, with intent to stop them expanding is not allowed. Road is not a base. Also, there is no plotting around anyone’s plots.

You try to present your opinions as facts, but facts are simple: there is nothing that can be considered in violation of CoC… beside OP posting screenshot with the name of a player whom action he dislike.

1 Like

I consider this to be less griefing than what he actually did. At least then you know he’s planning a build. This is just malicious.

But, as you said and I stated above, build a “C” around him and keep going. Claim it later when the troll’s beacon runs out.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why you are defending obvious trolling

2 Likes

Because trolling does not mean violating code of conduct. Simple. Troll has the same right to play as he wants to, as any other person. If there are rules given by the development team, follow them, but don’t make your own other rules and tell people to play with them, they won’t, they don’t have to, they have every right to don’t give a rat’s ass about anyone else or their rules beside what does CoC states.

Wow man, you’re just confirming what I just posted lol

What you just posted is, by definition of the ‘Rules’, very much legal and 100% correct. But it doesn’t change that it can be abused, done out of malace, and only reason for it is to abuse and hurt people.

Example, instead of surrounding all 8 plots around a person. It’s pefectly ok to plot around 7, leaving a plot open above, and then creating a line of ‘Open Area’ between him and say a nearby gorge, or river, or somewhere else that’s hard to build. You encircle him 3/4ths of the way, and can 100% build a way to tunnel him to have to cross that gorge or river to get to that land he owns. That is 100% ok by the set in stone rules.

But it’s wrong to do, and if you did do it, I bet the Devs would step in very quickly.

Um…trolling is against the CoC.

@Sparklepuss Just so you’re aware, I made the road and bridge weeks ago. There was nobody there at the time. As for my “aggressive road expansion”, how is building one road to connect two fairly close areas aggressive? There were no visible plots that had been claimed on either end of my road. Nobody else has been there since I started building in August. You’ve got the story all wrong here. I’ve been established in the area since we’ve been able to build, happened to build a road to another area where nobody has been, and THEN a person sticks one solitary plot with a sign telling me to do something at the end of my road. I don’t really care what your opinion is, but at least get the story right.

4 Likes

Can you point me where? I’m a bit tired and may have not find it on my own.

It is aggressive because it moves fast through seemingly unrelated territory.

I would put up a sign on your plot inviting them to a conversation and a means of getting a hold of you.

Has no one thought to see this from any other perspective. Seems like everyone just wants to either attack each other’s view, attack the post maker, or the person this post is about. Maybe the person this post is about has his/her own massive build plans and if this person posting kept going, would have cut across their planned build area. Or maybe it’s something more like preventing the post person from claiming a resource that’s on their direct path. I’ve seen this in Bitula, plots of land were purposely left unclaimed for gleam to keep spawning, but some people recently moved in and decided to mow over those spots for whatever reason.

It’s a nice thought, but I can verify that there’s nothing of note there. It’s not a T3 world so there’s nothing so precious as even gleam. Aaaaand, if it was a planned build area, what makes his/her one plot with a sign more valid than a road that has been there for weeks, with plans to build? I think that’s moot for the very reason that both plans can’t happen and at some point it’s simply up to whomever plots first. Another two things about resources: If there are any, they’re well below the surface and it doesn’t matter who claims the plots above, they’ll keep spawning. And the second thing is exactly what you mentioned: people placing plots to reserve resources. That’s a great idea, but he placed one plot. Just one. I wouldn’t have a problem if he/she had claimed the whole area. It’s the manner in which he/she went about doing nothing but blocking another (my) build with no explanation, one plot in direct path of an obviously straight road.

I honestly think this whole thread is degenerating into near contention, and I just had a simple question when I posted which I haven’t seen a single reply from a dev on. I’m really dissappointed about that because I posted in the “support” category for that very reason.

This will be the last thing I say on the matter: I have been perfectly clear in my intentions. There’s nothing fishy here, the planet is Seginikai and the location is in the picture above. This person who placed the one plot hasn’t returned for nearly a week now, so I went ahead and kept building. I followed the rules of conduct by allowing him/her one side still open on his/her plot, but without any way to contact him/her, that’s the best I can do. I mean the person no ill, and am just going to continue working on my build the best I can because that’s why I have the game, to have fun. I’m not interested in forum battles or plot wars. I am going to do the most I can do to help others have fun and that includes not doing what this guy/gal did to me.

Happy building everyone! And that includes anybody on here who thinks I’m in the wrong. :wink:

2 Likes

Just tried looking for a more positive outlook on the issue. But I still stick with a much earlier post I put on this thread. I seriously believe it to be someone’s attempt at trolling in the game. Should it happen again, I would seriously attempt every effort at report the person to the devs, both in game and in the forums.gl with your build.

2 Likes