Donate Shards option on portals

No prob! :slight_smile: But to clarify, the concern is that people would just empty it if there were no protections put in place? Yeah, I think if done the most straightforward way - just allowing donations, nothing fancy on top of that - it could be a concern, but the more I think about it probably not a major one. If at-your-own-risk, people would probably pick up on it if they donated to a portal they frequently used and find it getting cleared out right after, and then stop donating. And actually, with the groups I had in mind to donate to, I wouldn’t mind if they did really - I’m thinking of some wonderful folks here, people I’d just like to help. :slight_smile: If they decided, say, the Norkyna portal needed it more than the Serp one I put it in, then that’s cool with me.

Basically, a simple and straightforward way to help our portal creators, and show support for awesome things. :smiley:

3 Likes

What about an “ort shard wallet” on each player with a setting on how many ort shards are donated when going through a portal…1, 5, 10,…up to full.

It could be something like the plot counter that shows how many ort shards you have put in your own “ort shard wallet” - It could be one way, deposits are not retrievable, or two-way. Only holds ort shards. Could be a cap of 900 (smart stack), 14,400 (shop stand), 28,800 (empty character inventory), or no cap. Making it a separate inventory tab would be more work then just a counter is my guess.

When you pass through a portal you then automatically contribute to the ort shards in that specific portal up to the 900 limit for the portal and at the rate you have personally defined for shard donation. If you have no shards in your wallet, same as now just pass on through.

This would not be a pay to use, but a contribute because I use. The popular portals might stay fueled automatically, the others still need regular fueling. As a side benefit, a guild portal fueler could pack the “ort shard wallet” full, set to “contribute max” and then run through all the portals he needs to top off. :slight_smile:

Additionally, there would be no alteration to the 900 cap in any individual portal and all would still need to be regularly checked and maintained.

Just a little tweaked idea of the thread but similar principle.

Ayalla

1 Like

This idea is lovely. You deserve a cookie. Here’s a :cookie:! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks!! :blush:

Awesome idea and should be easy enough to implement.

1 Like