Donations for Oort Online

What I mean by the above title is this:

Is there a means by which we can donate further money to Oort Online?

I know I’d be willing to throw some money whenever I have some available just because of believing in this game, but there doesn’t seem to be an option besides getting another backer position.

You can send money to their paypal to upgrade your backer level, but I suppose if you send a smaller amount it could count as a donation. I’ve been wondering about this too.

1 Like

Yeah it was discussed and @james considered it but he wasnt sure if they seemed too greedy for doing so

Devs!

Ps: this is also why i talked about them making merchandise :smile:

3 Likes

You could always see about upgrading someone else’s backer level that may not be able to afford it. Especially if you know anyone personally that would want it… or just send them money and give them permission to apply it to a random account (if possible) and make someones day.

2 Likes

most of us dont have the kind of money.

i would like if i could give 5 euro at a time or something :smiley:

2 Likes

If I was involved in making the game, I would rather have the opportunity to provide return on investment. With this in mind, it would be great if the Oort team could offer up some digital in-game items (strictly cosmetic so it is not P2W) and allow people to buy and gift them to other people. Also, as I mentioned in another thread, swag gear would be good too.

That would be pretty awesome and make a tighter community I’d imagine.

1 Like

Pay 2 Skin as i usually call it

but this is for getting nothing in return. not neccesarily getting items, they talked about the idea of keeping track of donated money but that would be a huge work. they might make something like it after 1.0 but this is before when it is still in pre alpha :smile:

1 Like

You all can up me to Oortian backer, I won’t mind. :laughing:

3 Likes

Hey! That’s really cool that you guys are as passionate about the game as we are. The best thing to do would be to buy another tier on oortonline.com and donate it to a friend (that way you’re getting more players and people who can input to the development). If you do we’ll make sure to create a special new community Gold Badge for it :smile:

2 Likes

(Or you can always upgrade your backer package and get access to some new perks)

1 Like

ben. it will cost me 135 euro to upgrade my tier, i dont have that kind of money xD

1 Like

@zouls Sorry, should have said that you can purchase new tiers with new usernames too :smile: (who knows, someday they might be worth something!).

We’d rather give you something for your money :smile:

2 Likes

i would be fine with getting a virtual highfive for donating 5 euro.

i honestly wouldnt mind giving you guys 5 euro from time to time when i have the money, but 15 euro for the cheapest takes pretty hard on my wallet >.<

1 Like