Dungeons and stuff

I would like to see mini bosses, since Titans wont be able to be solo’d a smaller boss enemies that can be solo’d.

1 Like

I understood it as in: You technically can solo a titan but it would take you ages and nerves of steel^^

I understood it as: You can grab some loot solo but you are not able to kill it alone.

Well that could be implied. But if you go of from what they actually wrote, nothing says you won’t be able to completely solo it^^

So rare monsters that spawn in each world and could be good targets to find, not just a single one but multiple, maybe drop rare items, a bit challenging to kill → more tasks to do before going to Titan, more to occupy yourself with.

I don’t think the one titan per world format would be broken, but some rare enemy spawns could help fix the need.

2 Likes

Let me start by saying where before I was pessimistic about the giant flying titans as opposed to traditional humanoid titans, I am now convinced that Titans will provide an amazing encounter for both group and solo play. That being said, I’m still skeptical of the jarring transition in difficulty between standard open world combat and the titan combat experience. I feel it would be more fun having a bit more stages or milestones before you are certain you are ready to face a titan.

If we can assume titans will be swarming with elite protectors and likely automated defence systems, and these systems get stronger every time you advance to a new world, then I feel like we need a sort of soft version of the titan battle that players can engage in to ready their gear and combat reflexes. Temples have been mentioned before, and would possibly make a good soft boss experience (that is, assuming that the dev’s are not already planning for temple access to be a reward for defeating a titan) or possibly other oort installations like outposts or relic caches. Some sort of encounter that can be discovered that includes protectors and /or auto weapons and /or traps. The easiest of these encounters should be solo-able within 2-3 minutes, and the hardest should only take 2-3 players 15-20 minutes.

A single world’s combat play loop would basically be:
Enter new world -> survive wilderness -> survive oort outpost -> survive temple -> survive titan -> ready for next tier world.

Additional tiers like this would also encourage exploration of worlds more than just finding the titan.

3 Likes