EA worlds

Don’t get me wrong I like the new planets, but I kinda miss some of the old ones. I had a workshop on Elopor that I was very fond of. It wasn’t so much the workshop itself as much as the landscape and lighting. In many cases it was breathtakingly beautiful. Also, there were these cool prefabs all over the place. Small ruins and special trees that had compressed peat underneath them.

I also miss Epsilo and Berlyn and Andoweem. The planets in EA seemed to have a stronger focus on climate archetypes. Berlyn had a swath of desert at the equator and temperate zones to the north and south. Epsilo was effectively frozen with huge glaciers covering everything and evergreen forests. Andoweem was basically Arrakis from Dune or Tatooine from Star Wars: just a huge beautiful desert.

I hope someday that the EA planets are re-released back to the live servers. Their resources could be refactored to meet the current game mechanics I suppose. I am not asking that all the old builds and settlements be present. Just the worlds. Clean and beautiful. Ready to welcome back life. I would tear down my current base without hesitation and move right back to my old home.

4 Likes

I miss rarity of the dripping fungus. That was actually really cool back in the day when you found one.
Theres no actual rare items or resources in the game atm cause of the regen and i get why that is.
Im a explorer i would rly want if i could find something “rare” from the planets.
In EA i could explore epsilo (think it was epsilo where you got drippings) hours and still no funguses but i still had fun! Bring back the rare stuff for the explorers

1 Like

Berlyn was pretty awesome. I liked that the equator had a desert biome, then it got green to the N/S, then Icy at the poles. It was very earth like.

And I also miss those tree prefabs with the compact peat, and the gleam lanterns/brick. It was cool to find crafted items in the wild. I think the only ones we have now are some Gleam Crystals, and the Titan Hands underwater. Oh and Clams… those are cool.

think theres graveyards around still and can get refined metas at least.

Also wild brick spawns in the graveyards on the higher tier planets.