🌏 A Guide to the New Universe ⭐ | New Star Charts and Portal Info

sure go nuts.

it’s actually the magnitude of the difference vector. It goes down over time and approaches 0.005, at which point a solution is found and checked against other found solutions to determine if it’s unique. In this screenshot it’s working on a 3rd attempt at a solution and has found 1 unique solution so far.

1 Like

Oh yea, i totaly figured it had nothing to do with actual accuracy. I couldn’t help but poke at it though for fun hehe.

Thanks @virresss for adding the tags… i often overlook those =)

1 Like

So! Big thanks to @anon42939288 for pointing out that 3 blinksec portals now seem to only costs 50 to open & 1/hr now for some reason… or at least Solum > Munteen; Solum > Vulpto; Munteen > Berlyn so far (all 3 blinksecs)

Guess i know what i’ll be doing in the morning lol

3 Likes

Yeah i had problem with finding it so hope it helps

1 Like

Updated universe Layout

Not sure when this changed, as it wasn’t mentioned in any patch note, but this is what the universe looks like now.

Change from previous to current:

3D point data and rotatable view

Solution 1: Column 1 vs Column 0 | scatter3d made by Sirnoyd | plotly
Solution 2: Column 2 vs Column 1 | scatter3d made by Sirnoyd | plotly

Note: Solution 2 is slightly more “accurate”

Updated portal costs

Note: I didn’t include 8 and 9 blinksecs because they’re too expensive and probably the same as before.

8 Likes

If I’m reading this new chart correctly, it would seem that Vulpto is now the ideal planet for a interplanetary portal hub. The average blinksec distance is 2-3, and the only outlier is Therka.

4 Likes

to bad the atmosphere will burn the flesh from your bones after future updates. :volcano:

2 Likes

Is the recipe for a hazmat suit in game yet? For visiting vulpto.

3 Likes

If you run through the hub quick enough you will be fine! Make it a risky vs reward kinda thing :joy:

2 Likes

Therka, Septerfon and Alturnik.

Here’s the layout that we’re now using for the portal seekers gateway system:
unknown

Some high quality map(s) are incoming soon that will show information shown on previous maps, as well as blinksec distances and portal seekers connections.

8 Likes

Hey this is/was incorrect. Therka to Munteen takes a minimum of 15 for example. Alturnik to Nasharil takes 9 Unless it was very recently changed. (My portal from therka to munteen is a week or two old) my nash one is about a week.

It also sucks that two european worlds are both now the distant parts of the galaxy. Doesn’t seem a very good split for us on portal distances.

1 Like

At least 15 conduits? For therka to munteen? Is it not 3 blinksecs?

Yes the size/number of conduits doesn’t match the blinksec chart above.
It took 9 not 6 from alturnik to nash, I set that up last week. I know because i had to go back and redo it.

The therka to munteen one is older, that uses 15 for example. I could have that wrong as that is the first one I setup and it could now be dated information anyway.

I’ll do some testing now, it could have changed this week, and i’ll report back.

I’m still hoping they will be implementing something like this:

Imagine a group of pioneers with protection skills and brews establishing an outpost and once it grows big enough, it can project a protective shield for its citizens. Maybe that needs some kind of additional fuel. :smile:

2 Likes

the Devs are making adjustments in prep for new worlds… most of the charts in the OP are out-of-date now, im sorry. the Portal Seekers seem to be on top of this ^^

Edit;
Normally i would be all over this… but, due to a recent loss in the family, I’m taking a bit of time off to recover.

6 Likes

Yeah it looks like they are both now 3, I must have been caught when worlds were being moved. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that.

1 Like

It was changed about a week and a half ago yes, hence the new table =D. For example this portal was opened on Thursday (3 days ago)

1 Like