Easier Building: 2 Minor Changes

I just want to say how stoked I am to see the new forums! It’s a real step up from how it used to be and feels like things are starting to move again after a short dry-spell :smile:

As for my suggestions:

1. Is it possible to make the middle mouse button select the block your cross-hair is on (similar to Minecraft Creative)? It’s not that big a deal, but I’ve been playing Minecraft and Oort side-by-side and think the middle mouse click would really speed builds up. It might only shave less than a second, but when builds can take hours to finish, it adds up.
    If that feature doesn’t get added, it’s not that big a deal.

2. The feature I desperately want added is right clicking! When shift-walking backwards and trying to build a road or other tedious stuff, I find my hand gets really sore after a while from tapping right mouse button. I would really appreciate it if you could just hold right mouse button down while pedaling backwards and placing blocks because personally I can only build a little bit at a time as it is now.

-Thanks for your time!

7 Likes

Hey @ben read this, is trully usefull for builders!

I second these features.

The issue with continuous drop is that it tends to pile up and blocks start building everywhere. As an example I would recommend you try clicking very very fast while backpedalin and seeing how your line comes out. It usually gets very jagged.
I think once we can set our own controls that I would set my right click to e so that I can press a button instead of clicking. It’s much less tiring to tap a button as compared to clicking.