Easier way to transfer a plot to a different beacon

Currently to transfer a plot, or a set of plots to a different beacon, you’ll need to remove said plots, put down a new beacon, fuel the beacon, and then reclaim those plots.

Instead I would personally like it possible, as I like to split several beacons up into different districts, on plots I have reserved, or on plots that I found would better fit into a different beacon altogether, to maybe have the option when putting down a beacon to not only have the master beacon control option, and set home, but a new button to create a new beacon on an already existing beacons plot.

To add to this, maybe a new plotting tool which allows you to transfer a plot existing to another beacon onto an adjacent beacon would be extremely helpful as it doesnt leave your old plots vunerable for others to potentially claim while you are reclaiming everything through a potentially long process (depending on the size of it)

6 Likes

Interesting

Why do you need to separate your plots to different beacons?

Possibly if you have storage in one area and machines you want to share in another but had them all under one beacon when you started building.

2 Likes

That makes sense.

Another possibility is plotting out an entire pre-planned city and then setting aside some plots for real estate that you intend to sell or give to other players.

1 Like

Situations like this, is why I made a suggestion in another thread for the Devs to add in the ability to Color plots into Zones, and each zone having it’s own set of permissions. So you can still have one big plot, but have different little plots in it zoned for different things, such as for friends you trust to use your machines, while keeping your personal sections still locked off for your own use.

Something like that would be nice, especially if they can get more indepth with the permissions you can give and restrict. Such 1 specific person away from the others that allows people to place and destroy blocks, but not destroy machines and other not decrotive blocks, like Shopstands and such. So they can change the look, without being able to grief and still people’s machines and merchandise.

Like the others have said, plus I like to name my different beacon for general structure, including roads.

1 Like

I had a very similar idea re: re-plotting. Here goes:

1. Grant the ability to add a beacon to your already plotted space, upon doing so the beacon does not join the master beacon automatically and is separate unless joined.
    a. Potentially also give a control within the beacon which allows you to set all plots above and below it to the new beacon just placed.
  2. Create a new tool to reassign plots, similar to the plotter. (or add functionality to the existing plotter)
  3. Beacon would have the ability to create a token
  4. Create a token from the beacon, add it to the plot-re-assigner, use the re-assigner to transfer plots to the
    new beacon.
1 Like

“Potentially also give a control within the new beacon which allows you to set all plots above and below it to the new beacon just placed.”

This please.

This would be perfect!

Also would like to be able to create a token to give an alt or another player so they can take over the plots…

And while we’re at it, would love a more visual way to see why a plot can’t be unplotted, flashing plots would so help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m all in for the beacon token. Where i sign-up for this feature. @james

2 Likes

This is a great idea, but does need a system to help prevent griefing. My idea is that you are only able to transfer beacons with 100+ plots in them. This size is moderate, and would mean someone planning only to profit would need to dedicate a lot of resources to it, and then by that point it’s more like an investment instead of griefing. Beacon token would be great so you can also warp directly to a friend’s beacon you have never been to. Transferring a cool build to a friend or someone to keep while you are inactive or who needs a small base to get started would make this game better.