Eat Food In Sanctum

Players should be able to eat food after dying by monsters while in the Sanctum.

It is bad enough that you die and lose 25% on tools but to go into the same area with multiple monsters and not having much health is not fair… especially considering that you have now made monsters even harder with the new attacks.

6 Likes

Yes there was so many times I wanted to eat in Sanctum before returning to the world and not being able to sucked. Then when you return to the world you have to try and run and hide to eat quick to get your health back up before you die again.

It definitely would be a nice to have!

The only issue is that the sanctum is offline - it only runs on your local machine (Basically so you have somewhere to log into if the world servers are unreachable). So things in your inventory can’t be used or affected in any way, as it would put you out of sync with your details on the live servers (and could be a potential avenue for exploit).

1 Like

Yeah, if they let us eat in sanctum, i (we) would most likely be able to spawn in items. :joy:

I basically see no reason why you should loose health after death. You loose durability yes, but health should be replenished imo.

To what extent should staying alive be valued? Should a penalty be imposed on being defeated? There is a huge spectrum from:

1. Permadeath - all items, progress and beacons are deleted on being defeated, to
  2. No penalty - full health and stamina are automatically recovered.

Maybe the game should be played a little more tactically?

1. When you spot a meteorite quickly create a small campfire and defensive building.
  2. Stash any items that you don’t want to be degraded during combat.
  3. If you die, Warp into the safety of the temporary base. (In the future other players will be able to revive you.)
  4. Heal yourself and grab a new weapon.
  5. Maybe shoot a few creatures through a hastily made embrasure.
  6. Pick your moment to re-enter the battle.

It’s a sandbox game. Manipulate the sandbox to your advantage.

Or we could reduce the default penalty (which players can already reduce themselves).

16 Likes

I like this option :grin:

5 Likes

My ideal game. I hope this type of tactic is encouraged (or even needed) on harder planets. Challenges brings out the creativity in us alongside with a rewarding experience in doing so. People who are not into this type of style could just stay away from these dangerous planets. It’s a win-win situation for both party.

Maybe shoot a few creature through a hastily made embrasure.

This is the type of combat I’m really hoping for boundless but didn’t feel the need to currently since I can handle the mobs just fine. Hoppers can be manipulated to assist you in combat. Let them explode and lure the wildstocks in for easy and safe shots. If there are no hoppers, then quickly build a pole to have the same effect. Cornered with cuttletrunks and wildstocks? Quickly throw a bomb an cave in so that you can kill the wildstock without the cuttletrunks joining in.

4 Likes

Even in the current state live server where mobs are easy enough, I learnt to use terrain to my advantage. Fighting with spitters from height advantage of steep slopes is very effective, while using crosses or bushes on Munteen can be used to restrict their movement and shooting.

Cant wait to face new mobs attacks and tactics to come up with new ideas how to deal with them.

3 Likes

@james All the points you make are valid. I don’t know the balance needed but this is a starter world and I was a new player at a very low level.

Damage to the tools in hand would not have been as bad versus all tools. All I know is I was level 8 and didn’t have many resources. It was a big hit to lose everything I had on me because I was exploring.

At low levels it takes a lot of work to replace tools. So I don’t think that is balanced considering that I see spitters everywhere in groups and they are very hard to kill with their curved shots now that hit you no matter where you move.

If you are going to give tips about things then you need some type of warning or clear danger message for meteors. No one will expect a stream of monsters. And if they die you will ■■■■ people off since there is no messages about the harsh death penalty.

1 Like

The new user experience is crucial to the success of the game and I take it extremely seriously.

It’s possible that we’ll not spawn meteors on starter worlds.

The new user experience still needs plenty of work and any feedback is useful and appreciated.

4 Likes

If I may add, I hope we could probably add a “dangerous regions” on planets even on starter ones. It’s somehow a more fine tuned progression for hunters than just rushing to another harder planet (which I always do). It’s also a little lacking having all the mobs you need just on your doorstep like hunting in Munteen Paradise. I never really go too far when hunting. At the same time, this could solve the “hard mobs on starter planets” problem because they could be notified by “Welcome to Altaahda (Dangerous region III)” something like that. Hopefully they are visible when choosing landing site as well.

3 Likes

If I had 50% health I would be happier. If health slowly regenerated while there I would be happier. If there was just a bowl of special Oort infused apples or something that gave me a “run away” buff or anything I’d be happy.

All I know is I’m low health and exit. Then a cuttle sees me or the spitters and they chase me down and kill me again. Remember lvl 1-2 cuttles are fast and I can never outrun then because I have few skill points.

This can easily happen a few times and all my tools are then gone.

Hard makes sense on moons and rings NOT starter. If starter planets can’t have a better range for low and higher people then give us a starter land to learn our base skills and then allow us to walk through that 1 portal into the existing design.

3 Likes

starter world should have meteorites just toned down a bit
dont deny us the meteorites please
if they drop on players as i was thinking they do
then having a house to hide in nearby will be pretty close on starter worlds
its an event no? not a constant enemy

3 Likes

oh and eating in sanctum no need for that but just crank health a bit higher when renentering world or makes us flicker like an oldscool game for 10sec to prepare for enemys that wait for you

5 Likes

I’m not sure I can carry that much stuff and still have room to gather mats while I’m out mining or gathering. I’m going to have to look at what it takes to pull that off. (I think I’ve maxed my inventory–but I could be wrong about that.)

YES! we so need to be able to go back into the fight with full health! Taking a break to eat and gain back strength would be a much more fair fight with these crazy clever mobs

1 Like

just one itemslot withsand and one with a door a shooter and potions thats 4slots when you need to get out a hole use a totem trow it away :smile:or use your gathering tool thats 6 total if you count a goldenhammer for gems

If Oort is the only reward then I agree they do not have any real value on starter worlds. I wouldn’t need Oort for a portal until much farther down the skill tree and level progression.

Plus this would make it a whole lot easier to not deal with balance issues or mess with the event trying to get rid of the challenges to very low level people.

Imagine if a meteor landed close to your house as a low level. You would have to run away or log off until the event timer ends and the mobs don’t spawn. So while I think it is an absolutely cool thing to have and I loved seeing it. Being objective means the reward is not of value to starter people so it shouldn’t be there.

1 Like

FYI - there are parameters than control how close to beacons they can spawn.

5 Likes