Eat Food In Sanctum

How close? Because I have found a few that landed within probably 2-3 plots from a beacon tower. This was an area where there were not many houses at all. And it was a plot the user had put a few machines and that was it.

Of course I am not sure how long the meteors stay before regen (if ever) but I highly doubt that a new person came on the test server in that area.

I think my concern with the strategy (or is it a tactic?) that while I’m busy putting all this kit together, the people around me will finish off the critters and get all the good stuff.from the meteorite.

Unless, of course, the meteorite is a challenge to everyone, and everyone is doing the same.
Also, it should just be a simple little structure, done within about a minute. The meteorites definitely take longer than that, so you should be safe.

Haven’t tried the update yet. Aren’t meteorites shared like the same way a carcass can be looted by anybody in the vicinity? You might have missed the fun but at least you get a free loot. :sweat_smile:

I just recently watched a @TwistedFoot stream, along with the luck skill, I think participation plays a roll in how much drops for each individual

1 Like

maybe a tent that can be placed fast :smile:

1 Like

I have to say, as PR point of view this was a very poor way to handle the guy’s question / feedback, it could of been said in such a way that didn’t come off like you are a complete asshole, remember when addressing the players, they paided your wages, maybe not direct, but they paid for this game, they are part of the reason this game can exist, sure its a 2 way street and players need to respect developers too, as players we aren’t right all the time, but we all have our own thoughts on things, and I am in personal belief that 25% durability penalty on tools/weapons is a bit high, especially since 90% of the time i died, it was due to connection issues, that wasnt my internet (Im a computer tech, i am well aware of how to diagnose internet & computer issues), but I also understand its a trade off for not losing the tools/weapons or the ability to spawn at the location you died, but trust me when I say this, regardless of your thoughts or opinions on a subject, Public relations can make or break your game, so next time please try not to come off as a ■■■■.

ooh good idea! a tent that you can place anywhere, wild or in your own beacon and it is protected in its own voxel and has a small inventory to drop stuff into (at least 10-12 slots) :smiley:

Thanks but if your response to James was in regards to his response to me, I’m actually ok and didn’t have any issues with how he responded. I understood where he was coming from and do think those type of questions need to be asked.

1 Like

How is this at all necessary? James listed the options that were available, and then suggested some tactics. (Not rude in my opinion, but that’s besides the point)
If you think that the death penalty is high, then by all means voice your opinion, but don’t insult people (especially if you are having a go at someone else for supposedly being rude).

4 Likes

And how did I insult him? Did I call him any names? All I said was at a PR stance it did not come across the best. It came across as rude, i never attacked him, I never insulted him, sure i used the words asshole and d.ic.k but never did i call him either of those names, i just said that it wasn’t the best approach, but if I took it as being rude so can others, it that was not the intention then I surely do apologize, however my point still stands public relations is something that should not be taken lightly, words have to be chosen wisely because it can upset those who keep this game alive, now if I am rude for worrying about how people see the game and/or the developers then so be it, this game is amazing and (this may come off a little rude) I don’t care what others think about me if my point helps keep it going and other players happy, that’s the most important thing. I am here to play this amazing game and I have seen to many good games fail due to poor public relations and upsetting players which slowed the income and then next thing you know it slowed it so bad they cant afford to play for their servers and/or employees.

But, hey, maybe that’s me being paranoid. Meh, I rather be paranoid and see the game continue then be relaxed and see the game die.

Whatever word was censored here, you were clearly calling James it. That constitutes as an insult in my book. I wouldn’t have said anything if your response had followed the lines of “I feel this is slightly patronising and disrespectful”. Regardless, following the same lines of your response:

I thought that your reply was disrespectful. That was my point. Just that.

Basically this.

Anyway, your opinion is fine, and if you acknowledge that your reply could come across as rude too, that’s fine :grinning:

2 Likes

In an effort to go back on topic here are my two cents.

I am not sure if you’re aware of this Xalda, but there is an option to bump your portal in sanctum to a safer location. I have only used this feature in caves to turn to the surface since I am lazy. I don’t know off hand how it reacts when fighting ground level.

But that’s besides the point. I appears to me that if they add something such as eating in sanctum, the change will eventually taken out since they will introduce healing/revival from peers. You may argue, “what if I am solo”. Fair point possible add an instant self heal to the game. I like your suggestion, I felt the same way at times. This change might be helpful at the meantime while we wait for whatever healer they will be adding. I could be wrong and peer healing won’t be part of the game but it would make sense to me.

Edit: this update is combat oriented, hence the tittle. I don’t agree with the fact that they are pushing combat to fuel portals. I would suggest to have Oort stones mined as well for those people that want to avoid combat. But the devs have planned two other creatures, the hunter and the worms. Both found below ground level so this leads me to believe they don’t really want you to avoid combat entirely. I said this before and I think starter planets should be emptied of hostile creatures and make them a safe, creative place for people who want to enjoy the gentle part of boundless. I do like fighting creatures, but I also want to be creative. I hope boundless can satisfy this without neglecting orther aspects of the game so our suggestion should also keep in mind the future features and not reflect the current state of the game.

Re-edit :joy: the bagged item penalty is completely absurd. I understand there must be a penalty but to all item that I hold? I want to stay out and explore and enjoy but after 3 deaths I HAVE to return home and stock up. I would be completely okay with a permanent 25% penalty to my held items only I don’t see a reason to have your entire inventory lose durability. Having my 1 gem tool break is already painful enough. :scream:

2 Likes

What if we could craft a “locked box” or “safe” that we can store some unused tools and equipment in. It could even be that maybe it only stores limited items and we can carry this box with us and place some items in there. These items then are protected from the death penalty since they are secured in a lock box or safe. Then we have to be in a beaconed area to put the box down to remove items from it. It does make some sense that if you die you could lose durability on what you are carrying so if we had a way to secure some items but not have real easy access to them would be cool and I would like that.

I am aware of the moving portal to safer location but that really still does not solve the issue that you are coming out of the sanctum with very low health.

I really didn’t want the developers to have to do huge changes or new things. It is just a simple request that either they maybe allow 50% health or some how give a bit less when we go back out because you will come across another monster and new users don’t always have tons of food.

I have no problem with death being harsh in this game… I just gave up as a low person to do combat and run or log off and don’t play if the monsters keep coming. Unfortunately with the design as it is now people will die at very low levels and not be happy that all their tools are gone. So they will either do like I do or quit the game.

3 Likes

“Your health is restored to 25% after you’ve died. You’ll need to consume food to replenish your health.
These changes are part of the new resurrection system where players can resurrect other player”

There is a reason why they lowered it, as it used to be 50%. The skill trees need to be check. Honestly I think skill trees need a serious rearranging. I don’t like that health Regen is locked behind a skill. Is the same thing as sprinting, you it should be unlocked to begin with. I see all new players with 25% health all the time since they don’t feed themselves. The skill trees should follow a different lay out. Why is health Regen locked behind so may skill points. That needs to be unlocked with the option of increasing it with skill points.

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware of the 50% change. I don’t think I should be forced to play with people… If people want resurrection great but that won’t help me at all when I’m playing 95% alone.

I’m not thrilled regen is so far down the tree either. I ended up just skilling a point in it for my low level. I just run from attacks and at least now over time I am healed and don’t have to spend so much time trying to find food only to be hit again after eating. :slight_smile:

Wow. Way to make a “PR point” by publicy calling a highly respected dev a complete asshole, a ■■■■, and insinuating that they are greedy and ignorant all in the same paragraph. Classy. A prime example of courtesy. And it’s only your third ever post here? I predict that we have many more gems of wisdom to look forward to from you in the future. Smh.

2 Likes

This sort of strategy may not be imediately apparent to new players, maybe something could be added to the tutorials?

2 Likes

I fully agree! This entirely slipped out of my head but it would be annoying for those not inclined to combat. I suggest we could find dormant meteorites underground? Miners and explorers could benefit from this. I don’t know how though for builders. I guess it’s fine. No reward for those who don’t leave the comfort of their area :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes