Economic Input: Red Candy Canes (poll)

I wonder if anyone would like to share their thoughts on selling red canes this time around. Drop rates are tight and the crafts aren’t cheap/easy. I (and surely some others) am curious what people think.

Let’s have a poll !

• I can’t get enough, I have no plans to sell.
  • I have a number of canes I want, after that I’ll sell
  • I have a Price in mind, if I see it I’ll sell
  • I’m waiting until the event is over to decide
  • I’m not hunting for these

0 voters

What do you think?

5 Likes

too less from hunts - too many needed for craft. there are like 5 items required canes? even 5 red / 5 green for single item craft, its insane,

no matter how much i want twinkles and oortmas oorties - im out

3 Likes

Understandable, It looks like we voted into the same category. With 4 votes the results so far are humorous.

Anonymous poll, too btw.

The drop rates need balancing out.
For the amount that’s needed to craft you don’t get much. Compare it to other events and it’s easy to see for the amount of effort you put in you aren’t rewarded with much.

6 Likes

Completely agreed. For those coming later there’s some discussion/analysis of the economy around this and a breakdown of the cane requirements for the oortmas recipes in @Zjawcia’s suggestion thread here:

This is definitely not like the other holiday events. Even the Mutated Gleambow Sacs are much easier to get. They create mostly functional items though, rather than decor. Due to this and only being in one iteration of the event so far, they went for much higher prices.

Considering the number of sacs and items still in game I expect it will be different with those this time around :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The price for the red canes are kind of justified in it’s current state. Majority are keeping them because they are just so rare. Even with the amount of snowball hunts it proves there’s definitely an imbalance.

This is my 1st snowball event so I plan on keeping them. Was looking forward to crafting different coloured candy canes but I have to be mindful of the colours I want and even then due to mutations you aren’t guaranteed colour.

1 Like

I was confused by this until I realized you meant totems. And yes they definitely mutate. I grew 8 a couple years ago and I think 3 or 4 took the block color.

Early snapshot of the poll. Please vote!

EDIT: I’m hunting now I changed my vote.

1 Like

Yeah I think you have a stronger chance with both gleam and block colours matching. Still no guarantees but chances are higher. Gotta love rng :laughing:

And I voted
No plans to sell. I want to craft all the things :rofl:

1 Like

I’m not hunting for these I have plenty.

1 Like

i noticed from 75% of your replies you brag about how much you have lol

1 Like

I’m glad you read 75% of my replies, but I’m sorry you mistake it for bragging.

I’m not a bragger and I’m happy to give away the candy canes. I seldom craft anything other than concrete.

I am quite proud of all I have amassed in a short period of time, but I’ve been lucky enough to have made some really good friends who were gracious enough to hand down their stuff to me when they left the game. That would include Ardele, DKpuncherello, DragonTamer, bucfanpaka and a number of others. And guess what, I still talk and play games with all of them outside of Boundless.

As I said I apologize if it comes off as bragging as it most certainly isn’t.

2 Likes

no need bro, it just looks like, u can look at your posts and you will see that often you mention, ‘‘i got enough of that i don’t need it’’ but it just doesn’t matter if you do have what you say you have that’s cool! and i’m not talking about who u got it from haha , don’t see my replies as a attack.
you know i live on the forums i just notice things

i do read them because mostly they contain good content

1 Like

Um okay. Insert candy canes here.
:arrow_down:
:rightwards_hand:

3 Likes

That’s the problem with text only chatting. Did you know Ardele and I argued a lot on the forums, but now we play games together daily once we started speaking in Discord? Heck, quite a few others I did the same thing with like @Dhusk, good dude.

I think people just read some text and never understand the tone, the meaning or even the joking when it’s done.

You just get all my coins and iron :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

quick roller coaster ride :rofl:

2 Likes

But I want the candy canes too.
Further more how the hell did you get paka’s candy canes…? Me and her are like this :crossed_fingers:.
Surely you were just supposed to transport those to me.

:point_down:
🫱

3 Likes

I totally agree with you here, because you cannot hear the tone or read someone’s facial expressions.
and this happens a lot lately on the forums when you actually have to say ‘‘i don’t attack you or mean it bad’’

would I have talked to you and said the same thing and turned the lol into laughter it would have been seen differently?

1 Like

I rode 3 this past weekend … why not another?

Not sure my comment warranted a whole side discussion lol. I am sure there is a need for an increase in the drops or something.

Glad to talk to you in private about this as this is not even remotely aligned with the OP.

3 Likes

There is. From your dirty pockets to my hands as described in my previous 2 comments.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Hopefully, that is your request basket @georgegroeg

2 Likes