Economy system idea [Edit phrasing to better explain points]

I am fine with the way the capital city works as is.

The tax system is designed to remove coin from the game, not put it into other players pockets, and it should remain that they if there is going to be a tax at all.

For the sake of inventing lore because this game needs it, maybe this can not be done because automated machines would malfunction if it tried to manipulate a portal or if the grabber arm got to close enough to it to drop/put something thru it.

1 Like

And that’s great, I just propose a way to assist people in finding there way to a good shopping area. Glad you like how things work currently, that was just a simple suggestion

.[quote=“Trundamere, post:8, topic:34271”]
The tax system is designed to remove coin from the game, not put it into other players pockets, and it should remain that they if there is going to be a tax at all.
[/quote]

I was not aware of that, I don’t talk to the devs directly so I don’t know their exact intend. I can assume as by calling it tax, I would assume that’s a small fee taken from purchase goods among other things that go towards providing some services in the real world, at the same time people also get some tax-returns. But this is a game and tax can work in different ways, if that’s the exact intend I apologise for being miss-inform, I would like to point out that tax is easily avoided through hand trades and the buff system is a bigger coin sink than tax has ever been.

Additionally, I would like to point out that my suggestion included a transportation fee when using the trading machine outside tax like postage that would not be refundable.

:joy:

I don’t know their intent either. and what I said is based on the logical reasons of why it was done in other games, and therefore what I think is most likely the case for here aswell.

My statement is not to be taken as an authoritative statement by any means

1 Like

I am all for improvements…lol stired up the apple cart

Not familiar with that idiom, but if you’re offering to bring apples I enjoy honey crisp.

4 Likes

I did some digging and I found the post haha!

5 Likes

That’s an interesting idea :thinking: sounds like from the start they were trying to make shopping a unique experience? Maybe something that could be done from Sanctum/other planets and warps :thinking:

No, you didn’t stir up anything. Just wanted to clarify why some see this as a problem and how maybe it could aid in player retention and make the economy more vibrant.

That’s all :smiley:

2 Likes

I see ur point…But just don’t think it’s that hard. New shop if put in right location or with portals in correct location makes it easy. I do understand some people frustration…I just don’t see it…

I really would like there to be some way that you can take shop stands and request baskets and put them into some sort of recipe that creates a multi-block kiosk-style auction house that you can place inside a shopping area. This way you condense a shop’s inventory into as little space used as possible. It would basically have a large inventory and have advanced shop stand settings and functionality.

Some of those functions and settings would be minimum bidding price, buyout price, a listing of items of that device, inventory space equal to a dozen shop stands and request baskets, can be setup for buying or selling of items.

This kiosk could be scaled up in graphical size like fueled portals, warp portals, doors, and modular signs. So this way you could have the kiosk be function decorative building pillars that are a little bit thicker in design, have a function auction house style kiosk shopping experience, or a better outlet to store items and that basically means it would a chest of some sort.

1 Like

It’s aussie slang I guess…I think it’s same as. Stiring up a hornets nest…Lol

1 Like

I think retention can come from many things…

The taxes are a way for coin to leave the game otherwise footfall and the other mechanics would be increasing the coin in game forever. Eventually without adequate coin sinks you get inflation which will just make it harder for players that are new and depending on objectives to get coin.

But with too much of a sink you get too little coin causing deflation. Instead of too much coin you got too much supply… All goods have been effected and they are worthless. What I propose tho spreads coin to everyone’s efforts regardless of location in the planet, if we want to promote people to being part of the economy this could be a good solution? You get rewarded for shopping. Personally if I had more coin it would be going to the biggest coin sink we have… guild buffs

Well everyone does not use the guild buffs. . so I am not sure that is as reliable a coin sink. But I have no stats that can prove otherwise.

I would agree but I think we have deflation due to over supply versus too much coin.

2 Likes

Not everyone buys and sells, if they do they pay tax or hand trade? I don’t think tax is a reliable sink either.

Guild buffs on the other hand cost a tremendous amount of coin. Those are usually purchase by big guilds who make their money from shops/footfall. They are actively trying to make cash but if coin is not coming from sales they gotta be generated from footfall cuz people are not buying cuz they got no money.

I could argue that we could increase footfall and inject new coin but that does not immediately encourage sales. It encourages building prestige bombing, footfall traps… I don’t think is good.

What I propose with the tax system would be to recycle that cash until it gets to them guys powering guild buffs flashing down 500k coin worth of buffs a week. This will change from a footfall oriented economy to a tax recycling system, more depth and if that’s not good enough I also mentioned that a trading kiosk/same planet market trading machine would charge a postage fee on all sales on top of tax.

Over supply due to the forge system and new planets, and atlases. So more coin would counter balance all those new ways to gather that were added but there have been very little changes to how we get coin.

Lol I think it’s funny everyone talking about coin sinking. If u want to lose money go buy some marble…I make money easy and not from footfall. I wish I was though. We have awesome guild buffs I donate to the guild regularly and buy stuff from everywhere I cruise. I give noobs air hammers if I see them one shoring diamonds I give seven bombs to newbies . It’s funny how a comment was made it’s not about money when clearly it is…if newbies want money there is plenty of buy stands out there…I remember I used to sell bark to ever wanted and go collect ash and mud and sold them to a shop…even copper I sold to get money to buy aoe hammers and pies. …so as a newbie its never been so easy to make money if you really want to. I honestly see no problem at all with the economy in boundless…i have millions and i spend millions all the time and i started as a newbie once…

1 Like

When you put an item in the atlas can you get it to show you where there are shop stands selling it? Or baskets buying it?
Green dots for buying, red for selling?
Make the dots flash, …faster for higher prices

3 Likes

Capital should be calculated off prestige and FF activity. We should be encourged to make places people want to travel to. Its time to get people adventuring again and not portal hoping.

Viceroy tax will never be released. It would cause too many wars and prestige dumps. Best just to forget about that.

Guild buff prices need lowered. We have been supplying level 3 buffs since the patch. We have finally decided grapple and run is the only buff worth the price. We will do level 1 buffs other than that.

Over 5 million personal coins donated later…

Thats another thing. Buffs are taking so many coins out of circulation.

1 Like

Also good option, only concern is what is considered a higher price? Since there is no current average price around, or would this require a new system calculating average price?

Amen to that.

What do you mean by Viceroy tax? Could you elaborate.

As far as tax distribution I was thinking it would be settlement prestige based. So every settlement receives a cut of the tax based on their prestige that gets broken down by the settlement contributors based on their prestige within the city. But again that would be 10% of sales on that planet… And if we want to make it more fair there can always have a hard cap, so after hitting a % contribution to the planet then you received the maximum amount of tax returns.

Yeah I feel the same way man.