Elemental Fists Augments

Why do gem fists need to be exclusive? Just keep gold fists exclusive. They paid for what they got. It’s an MMO it’s foolish to think they won’t eventually come out with better equipment.

3 Likes

I’m basing my logic on hand-me-downs.

Agree
Gold fists remain exclusive
Just add new fists

2 Likes

Why should the deluxe upgrade be overshadowed? It will be much less deluxe if part of it becomes redundant.

Because as I said, they got what they paid for in an MMO. They paid for and got a golden fists which is an exclusive item only made by those with the deluxe edition. That’s simply it. They didn’t pay for an exclusive fist that will remain the best in class throughout the life of the game.

The gold fist can stay exclusive and gem fists can be craftable by all because deluxe edition players didn’t pay for exclusive gem fists they paid for exclusive gold fists.

1 Like

No to exclusives. Just do this

2 Likes

The promise is exclusivity, not everlasting dominance.

There’s no need to change, really upgrade, or “compensate” in any way for new equipment being added to the game.

Augments would be nice though.

2 Likes

It could also be said that digital deluxe buyers paid for a better fist, in fact, the best fist, in the game. I would like to hear a real argument why it would be a bad idea to keep the digital deluxe package on top. The cream does, after all, rise to the top.

I don’t see anything about being able to make the best fist in game. I see you can craft an exclusive golden fists.

If you wanna use that excuse then maybe I should be able to craft the best fist in game since I was an early backer for the game. I paid my money to get this game going, why do I ONLY have access to the iron fist?

Because I didn’t pay to have the best fist in game for the lifecycle of the game. Neither did the deluxe edition players. They payed for a golden fist recipe that they’ve gotten. They don’t need or deserve the best in class weapon to be exclusive to them for all time. That’s too OP and in my opinion not okay.

They get other bonuses with the deluxe edition already, leave it at gold fist and let this MMO continue maturing and getting new weapons without changing who gets what exclusive… leave everything where it is, and allow everyone going forward to make the new fists unless they made an entirely separate package for the better fists it wouldn’t make sense to just change the exclusives.

1 Like

Man @CoralSkye, you really are a good necromancer!

It seems that making augments might be the best bet, though I do like the idea of crafting fists from golden fists… The issue is what if it’s a forged fist to begin with? Or if the fist has been used? It would take even longer and more manpower to get those issues worked on rather then making augments.

Also, it would be better because gold fists are easier to forge then T7 fists would be.

1 Like

Fist Augments must be

1 Like

I’ll leave this here :wink:

New weapons? Especially fists & melee ones…yes, please! :blush:

5 Likes

It makes sense to me. I see your point too, but I think we value things differently. I honestly don’t care what the text says, it is what it is, meaning that yes, gold fists are the best ones in the game. If someone came to the forum who never played the game and asked what a gold fist is, they would be told this. I believe it’s a good idea to keep value in the one upgrade on offer, or like you said, create new upgrade packages. But hey, plot bonus is still good, right?

The plot bonus is, IMO, what makes it deluxe. It’s what you buy it for. The GC is a teaser, the fist is a perk, and the plot bonus gives you an instant, permanent, and growing boost in the game.

It may be projection but I feel like most purchasers would understand this or feel similarly.

I recently learned that iron fists are much more useful if you want them for armor. A gold fist could still have some other distinctive or elevating feature over a gem if the devs want to preserve a niche use for it.

2 Likes

Can you elaborate? I wanna make use of my exclusive recipe but have just felt they’re useless in comparison to anything else I can buy in the market.

1 Like

Gold fists 1-hit every mob under mighty, so if we got gem fists I’d still bring the goldies to lower tier worlds. So yea, I have deluxe and couldn’t care less about the exclusivity.

I’m in favor of augments though, as I’ve been whining about every time I’ve gone to an exo since they existed. Opens the fist up to an even wider variety of uses too. Say you have one with a higher chance of ignoring a mob’s elemental resistance for when you first come to an exo, then when you’re underground and your last hammer breaks but you see some gems, pop in the one that improves block breaking strength.

1 Like

A little late :sweat_smile: but yes to gem fists

Me running full force at mobs with my new (hopefully soon :D’ ) gem fists
thanosss

Yes, I did edit this gif… :D’

6 Likes

The forged armor effect on weapons consumes the durability of the weapon as it takes damage off of the user. As I understand it the effectiveness of the armor is based on the boon level not anything to do with the item.

So for the same level of protection you get something like 40% more durability on an iron fist. It’s also easier to forge due to higher flexibility.

In turn the gold fist has 2.5x the critical chance and critical effect of the iron one.

Base damage is nearly identical, and action speed/range are identical.

1 Like

Interesting good to know. Maybe I’ll start forging some iron fists

I personally forge explorers fists and use them as glow loot fists with the armor buff. I sell them and call them shields. This is really all these fists are good for in my opinion.

They were cool at first, but now I just hand them out unforged to new players if I see them struggling. Great first weapon for new players to buy. It’s a shame they can’t craft them though since they weren’t backers. I personally would love if that recipe could be opened to all players. I can already craft it, but would love for others to be able to as well.

Anyway I’m rambling :sweat_smile: