Enhance the Fertilizers?

Good day all!

Tried looking for similar topics but those I found were all sort of not directly addressing this.

I farm a lot. I don’t even think of using the fertilizers and I am sure many (if not all) big farmers don’t too. The way I see it is that it’s not worth the effort for it to expire soon after being applied, especially that I have to apply it just like sowing seeds, on one by one plant.

Can we have the fertilizer last until the plant matures and have it drastically speed up the timer? Or can we have it be applied 3x1 horizontally? Any enhancement is welcome.

Getting good returns every harvest round requires us to wait well more than the displayed mature timer so being able to speed it up is a welcome change.

10 Likes

I think my biggest complaint about farming is that the plants take random amounts of time to mature.

So one possible cool thing fertilizer could do is guarantee that a plant will mature in exactly some time, removing the RNG.

Even if there was no change to the average time, just removing the time RNG I think would be a great buff to fertilizer… what do you think?

2 Likes

This can go under “shortening the time to mature” also I think since if it now guarantees that a plant will mature in 3d for example, then 3d it is instead of 5 or 6. Yeah why not :smiley:.

1 Like

I always felt that the fertilizer should be a block myself. So for like kindling you would craft deco refined gravel into fertilized deco refined gravel and it could even have a durability bar, say 100 durability or how ever many durability the actually spray fertilizer gives. Meaning you would get 100 stage advances before that block wouldn’t fertilize the kindling anymore and it then would turn back to a regular deco refined gravel block. Which then you would craft it back to a fertilized deco refined gravel block to use again.

3 Likes

From my understand from when I brought up rng within farming it would be a mess if rng wasn’t involved. I couldn’t find the response luca gave me but here is this one.

2 Likes

Maybe the same idea but instead of having to craft and replace the block, whenever you spray the block it gets that durability.

1 Like

As long is i can put it in the spray machine lol. That would be alot of blocks to spray otherwise. 16200 blocks currently to be exact and that’s just the first level remodel.

1 Like

This is why I hate farming. My farm is small and it’s so ridiculously tedious, I can’t even imagine the suffering of large scale farmers. AOE FARM TOOLS PLZZZZ (by tools I mean fert and tiller)

1 Like

Currently it takes around 2.5-3hrs once a week to harvest and replant :heart_eyes:

:skull_and_crossbones:

Still its also a pain to break blocks then replace them every time they run out. A 3x1 spray with blocks durability of 250 so you can farm it for a long time :D:D:D

1 Like

Please create sprinkler systems that we can fill with fertilizer :pray:

For both goo, and ground dwellers

4 Likes

A Farming Epic that allows you to run through crops and automatically fertilize them in a 3x3 radius around you.

2 Likes

My tired index finger thanks you all for these sweet ideas xD. I am fairly sure some of the aforementioned ideas can be implemented without making farming too easy or breaking the game!