Equipped item bug

I’ve posted this one during EA, however it’s never been resolved for me. Maybe it’s my setup…

My equipped items constantly drop off of my hands. one thing that often happens for example: if I have a similar item in each hand like fists or grapples, then the item in the left hand moves to the right and the one on the left disappears. It never remembers my brew or food locations either.

Has anyone else experienced this. Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Not like what you describe, but often enough I have a pie/loaf in my right hand in a slot and sometimes it gets replaced by the first item in the food stack. This especially happens when going thru portals but also seems to happen over time.

I also get things go missing… change area, or go through some portals and the meat i had in my hand has hidden back in my bag… gets scared or something…

2 Likes

I see this happening when a smart stack changes. Either due to slots filling or emptying in the smart stack.

Happens the most with tools, weapons, grapples, things you can only hold 9 of and that break and are replaced often. It also happens with food and brew when I grab different types of them.

2 Likes

I have this exact issue with my grapples. Every time I dump items in to a storage block my right hand grapple unequips and the left hand grapple switches to the right hand. Same thing happens if I have two hammers equipped in different hands. I’m on PS4.

1 Like

My work around for this is not to stack the items I equip to both hands. Not fun losing an inventory slot though.

Yeah, I notice it most when adding another tool to the smartstack. It always causes it to get removed from the hand slot.

Also, the basic totems…if I have a smartstack of those equipped, it seems to get removed from my hand every time I logout and login. Not sure what’s up with that. It’s in the last slot (slot 9), so maybe that’s related…

The smart stack changing is a different thing. I think that’s intentional, and the bug I’m experiencing happens when there have been no changes to my smart stacks.

2 Likes

I highly doubt it’s intentional, imo these are some of the most annoying bugs currently in the game.

There is definitely something wonky with smart stack interactions with the hotbar.

From what I’ve observed there are two different but probably related issues:

• All items of any smart stack that are in the hotbar are removed if there is a change to the stack, that being items added to or removed from the stack. This only happens through inventory interaction when the hotbar is not visible (as in interacting with containers)
    Picking up items in game however seems to function correctly (well, aside from not going to the correct smart stack like with quick move, but that’s a different issue) and so does adding and removing items when viewing the inventory with Equipped Items visible.
  • Items of the smart stacks in your first inventory slots that are in the hotbar are removed, except one which is replaced by the first item of the smart stack, this happens while interacting with other stacks. Only happens when using quick move or switching with smart stacks apparently, and only with certain inventory interactions? Primarily moving smart stacks into containers rather than out of them, but only in certain cases.
    I suspect the switching of items others have reported could be a symptom of this issue since I think it’s common for duel wielding to drag a smart stack on one hand and the second item of the smart stack on the other hand. This can later result in the first item replacing the second item with the second item now gone.
    I haven’t done a ton of testing and this might sound crazy but it seems to happen to the smart stack in your first slot if the target slot in the container is 1, 3 or 5 and with the smart stack in your second slot if the target slot in the container is 2, 4 or 6?

Welp, my inventory is a mess now because of all the testing, but at least it seems you can avoid the second issue by not using your first couple of inventory slots for item smart stacks you use a lot?

4 Likes

Yup, I have item issues as well, but happen so frequently and randomly I can’t pinpoint exactly why something might have changed.

I know it will when an item changes in the smart stack I have equipped, wether it’s removing or adding from it.

But it will also change when I’m not moving things around; just working, or exploring. Like I’ll be running around, and go to switch my right hand, but my left switches as well.
Without realizing the switch I’ve faced off against an angry mob either empty handed, or wielding a yam. Neither work well against the mobs.

I thought maybe I was actually double tapping the bumper, but I’ve been extra careful to verify and unless it’s extremely sensitive this is not it.
Does this over 3 controllers, one a brand new one, so that’s not it either.

There’s also one where I have an item from a smart stack equipped (ie. food, say a persisting pie), I run thru a portal and it gets replaced by the first item in the smartstack.
Happens most when going to another region BTW. Also noticed that when you do that (diff region) that you then also get the buff animations again as if they just activated.

But, sometimes it also happens without going thru portals. I have noticed that if I equip the persisting pie right before mining it can stay there, if I do it before I portal into the the planet I want to mine at, it can be equipped still after going thru the portal but can change while mining.

For this, one thing that always gets me is if you’re holding down your radial select button and just press a hand use button, it will unequip that hand. So sometimes I only want to change my right hand but I must accidentally hit my left hand without realizing cuz when I go to swing it later, there’s nothing there.

This is the one that kills me while farming

Haven’t you got the yam epic?!

… I’ve also noticed after dumping inventory when mining/gathering… anything not in the first slot of a smart stack (seemingly regardless of position in inventory and wheel) is removed/replaced from radial selection… if you’re not paying attention you can easily override a better food buff in error.

1 Like

This happens randomly to me when I’m fighting thought it was a sort of debuff at first No smart stack weapons on my person just single weapons one on each hand suddenly one will unequip.

Portals are pretty scary.

2 Likes