Error 8, error 25

Every time I log in, I get instantly disconnected. First it was error 8, then error 25. I logged in fine around 2-3 hours ago.

I’ve restarted Steam, no change. It’s fine when I’m in the Sanctum, but as soon as I warp into Therka it’s a disconnect with error 8. Before disconnecting, there’s no location info shown (ie normally it shows “philelliott’s beacon” etc but that’s not there).

EDIT: I selected bump warp to safe location and it all seems fine now. No idea what that was about :slight_smile:

EDIT 2: Spoke too soon. Disconnected again, error 25, and now I can’t get into the Sanctum :frowning:

EDIT 3: Ah, was in for a few minutes this time, going okay… then I tried to interact with a machine and got Error 8 again.

Which version of the game are running? Have you switched to the Beta “Testing” version or is this happening on the Live version (Opt Out Beta).

This is on the Live version.

The problem seems to be a machine near to where you’re spawning (possibly not even yours) and each time you get spawned in next to it it’s activating and causing a crash on the server. I’m having a look at whether I can find any quick way to stop it from doing this.

1 Like

Okay, thanks - I’ve been running some connection tests and everything seems fine on my end, though I dropped my wireless setting to 2GHz for better stability. Issue still occurs when trying to access my extractor though.

Thanks for looking into it!

EDIT: I can get into game fine now, and build/dig around my beacon, but the machines are borked. My furnace was set to smelt copper, and was some crazy amount of time - like 6584793:2 or something. So, yeah. Computer says no :slight_smile:

Yeah somehow someone had managed to put some SOIL_CLAY_BASE into a fuel slot of a machine and the server really didn’t like that because that’s not a fuel, I briefly made it into a fuel source and restarted the server to hope that the machine would consume it and hopefully we wouldn’t get back into the same state.

I’ve reset the data back and it doesn’t seem to have crashes so far although it may only do when whoever owns the machine visits it, if you’re saying your machines seem broken I guess it likely is one of those.

I think the crazy time shows up when the machine wear hits zero so you might find they fix the display if you repair them with a spanner, not sure exactly how you craft one but if you can then just hit the machine with it and see if it goes back to normal.

3 Likes

That fixed it, thanks. I disassembled the furnace and rebuilt it, and no more crashes.

We will look to get the server crash fixed.