Et tu, Brute?

Just kinda thinking out loud.

1 Like

Now I also really want to see the source! Where did you get all this??

(Btw - the reason Iā€™ve not responded to this thread yet is because Iā€™ve be prioritising making the game, fixing the stuff we broke in the release, finding a solution to gift lost crafts, working with our partners to make 1.0 amazing, AND it takes me considerable time to prepare a post that carefully and clearly breaks down what weā€™re planning and most importantly why weā€™re doing it the way weā€™re proposing.)

27 Likes

I donā€™t like how this is portrayed either. Even if some of that stuff is legit, there could be legitimate friendly ways to have it. loot crates with cosmetic items could be fine? Certain colored blocks could also be obtainable in-game? Multiplied damage might be caused by a consumed food item like pie?

All of this is just speculation and the devs are clearly indicating itā€™s not consistent with their real plans. Letā€™s find out whatā€™s real and stop disbursing assumptions and straight up lies (re: thereā€™s no way any game would ever sell the ability to globally mute another player to everyone).

3 Likes

It would definitely cost you more than $15 to shut me up.

8 Likes

I know this is slightly off-topic - but Iā€™d start paying to host an additional public server for everyone right now if you gave me the option :wink:

9 Likes

Streamers certainly want to do this now to. They feel safer having their own worlds.

6 Likes

Fair enough, safer from what though? other people?

2 Likes

So if someone got banned for posting this, why didnā€™t you get banned just now?
If this information is not ban worthy, then why not post it sooner?

What value are you getting out of this process exactly?

3 Likes

Other people. They want people in their steam only.

6 Likes

But those providing the service, and assuming the Boundless devs dont outsource this serviceā€¦you get the idea.

Donā€™t get me wrong, thereā€™s still income to be had, but that difference certainly changes the income.

Look up ā€œstream snipingā€ orā€“better yetā€“look it up and then watch some sweet sweet videos.

yeah, Ive heard of it, I just didnā€™t particularly think it applied to boundless so much as PUBG for example, but I get itā€¦

Well letā€™s look at this list anyway, as random speculation. Not talking about prices here, just items.

Combat Multiples - Not a good idea. Unless its a short burst for hunting and doesnā€™t apply to any pvp (critical that it doesnā€™t) then itā€™s meh.

Different designed blocks for sale - Great idea, aesthetics.

Loot crates - Nope, just nope lol. One big Nope to loot crates.

VIP package - Very doubtful the ability to mute someone else to others exists. They will control who they mute, not you. More likely its an admin option for private server owners. I think you are talking nonesense here.

Private servers - Absolutely Fine. If people want a server of their own etc, makes sense they pay for it, like any game that offers servers. Things donā€™t get hosted for free.

Public servers - Not sure what you are talking about. What is a ā€˜public serverā€™, a regular world? Sort of like owning a regular world without admin rights, what would be the point. A private world maybe? Wouldnā€™t that be a private server?

Personally I would add the ability to purchase the founders packages for the life of the game, unless it was promised otherwise. Otherwise I can guarantee people will moan about not being able to get the same amount of plots. Founders will say well were founders, and thatā€™ll be the argument forever. - This way its a level playing field at least.

The clever options for the game are plots | aesthetics (blocks, skins, unique looking items) | private worlds.

4 Likes

Trolls would certainly have to come up with new ways to abuse you in this formatā€¦ but trolls are very innovative creatures.

Iā€™d picture scenarios likeā€¦

ā€œOooh! Glad I found this nice, secluded spot on Solum to set up my houseā€¦ā€

trolls build a red-light district immediately adjacent

ā€œSweet! Just gotta save up a few more plots this week and I can finish my roadā€¦ā€

trolls grab the plot at the end of your claim and build a Gleam Phallus

3 Likes

I would tooā€¦ I want my own world where I (and a few other theme oriented players) can literally ā€œbuild the hell out of itā€, without other players building a refined stone box slap-bang in the middle of it.

I also know of several streamers that would jump at the chance to get their own server too - itā€™s a way for them to reward their viewers for subscribing to their channel (sub servers).

10 Likes

Oh yeah, was watching a stream where someone mentioned this yesterday

Loot crates - Nope, just nope lol. One big Nope to loot crates.

What if loot crates were done in a 3 tier step for different tiers of loot. Instead of keys to open them as mentioned above.

Items in the loot crate would be cosmetic only, like different oortian skins, horn designs, costumes, emotes, or weapon skins. Also, duplicates could be sold in game at player shops, so there are alternatives to getting them for people that dont want to pay, and the people that do pay arent wasting money when they get duplicates.

I think that would be an acceptable way for there to be loot crates.

It wouldnt be pay to win.

You wouldnt be paying for duplicates. -edit that would go to waste

It gives players a fair alternative and stimulates the economy in game much better than the way the economy in the game works now.

4 Likes

Donā€™t let what Creegle said bother you. What he said was pretty silly. Anybody who actually read the thread knows you were joking.

3 Likes

Who is assuming the game will be P2W other than Karko? Weā€™re all having a simple discussion about micro-transactions. These conversations are healthy, as long as people can be rational and talk to each other like human beings.

3 Likes