Europe servers offline (resolved)

I am unable to connect to several worlds, and some worlds I can connect to.

I can connect to “Mc Rib” (I didnt want to play on a high tier right now)

I cannot connect to Refgar, Lamblis, my own soveregn world (sitting in EU region)

I live in Southern California USA.

Most of my characters are orbiting Refgar, Lamblis, and my sovereign.

Edit: I have tried a different PC, same network. Same cant connect to Refgar.

1 Like

Same same :frowning:
I was lagging before this happened too lol

1 Like

I changed title to reflect what I am seeing.

I can connect to USA west and Australia servers.

8 of 10 slots of my characters are orbiting Europe worlds, all of them failing to connect to their orbiting world

I’m using my remaining two slots trying to figure out what planets are working right now, as I want to play D:

D:

10 suprised characters.

Refgar is back online yay!

1 Like

I often have issues accessing different worlds with different DNS providers from time to time.

I realise this is of little help to PS users, but on Windows I switch about a bit using sordum.org’s DNS Jumper and their basic list, and I tend to finally get results.

Annoyingly my private DNS is rubbish for Boundless … not sure why.

Solum is offline too.

I run a RPI/PiHole with a DOH tunnel (that probably not super relevant unless you are looking for super private DNS) that uses Quad9 with a fallback to Cloudflare.

I would not recommend any freemium/non-open source product that claims to give you “private DNS”. In terms of levels of privacy:

• Worst: Use ISP DNS
  • Do not use ISP DNS
  • Do not use ISP/Google DNS
  • Use Quad9 or other privacy focused DNS (not Cloudflare, it is better then Google, but ehhh on whether if they use the data for stuff)
  • Better: Use Quad9 over a DOH/DOT/DNSCrypt tunnel so your ISP cannot see your DNS requests
  • (Best, not really feasible for normal use): TOR

A PiHole would also let you push your DNS settings as well to all devices on your network, including ones it is hard/impossible to change the DNS settings on (mobile phones/gaming consoles).

1 Like

@Angellus shut your PiHole … sorry I had to … :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Cheers, mate, I only switch DNS aware from my VPN provided one in order to get a service to work. Wether that’s STEAM, my bank, or … I dunno … Boundless. :smirk:

But … yeah … coincidentally … I also run a pi-hole, but it’s basically an empty shell at the moment, purely there to stop my LG tv phoning home, and other things I deem relevant when I deem them. I may add some lists to it … but annoyingly it’s running on an old APU motherboard that might’ve just died ( I need to check on that :weary: )

I’d like to set it up in that … whatever it is setup … where it looks up the IP server or whatever it is and builds its own DB way … maybe I’ll do that soon.

And … yeah … I know that privacy is a sliding scale, not an absolute thing for someone of my knowledge level. I am aware of a lot of stuff, semi-aware of most stuff, and barely know what almost all of that awareness means :sweat_smile: … but perhaps have enough knowledge to follow a conversation, if you get me.

I mostly use the private DNS (it’s a “Smart” one) provided by my VPN provider, in order to get to the services that I want to use. It just has the added benefit of a slight extra layer of obfuscation as and when I need it.

However, yeah, I’m aware that when I’m on something like OpenDNS (208.67.222.222) it’s not exactly going to be the most private thing. I’m purely switching to it to enable a decent in-game performance, that’s all.

My OS is locked the eff down, though … to a pretty high degree! :smirk: