Evaluation of New Fuel Prices

Now that I have my fuel farm in a state of production. I would like to look into selling [Compact Combustion Particle], [Coal-Infused Combustion Particle] and [Enriched Combustion Particle]

However I am unsure of what a fair market price for them would be at this time, and I an unsure what the demand is for them and rather or not people are actually wanting to buy any of the 3.

So I am looking peoples opinions about the situation.

I also made to many [Chrysominter Power Coil]s by mistake and may want to sell some of them or trade for building materials.

1 Like

What do the coils do, exactly? I’ve never used the minter… if you have more than you need for a full power machine, I could probably buy some from you to get myself one… not that I am hugely likely to use it, but I’d still set one up…

Just made some coils for the minter myself. Figured why not. Seems to give a straight up boost in coin you get for minting stuff. Makes a sweet little difference when minting essence and the like. Make some good coin :+1:t2:

believe each one gives 5% more coin from anything put into the machine, capping at 40% / 8 coils

In the long run you can return on investment and make a profit if you keep selling to the machine.

Oh and id be interested in seeing some enriched combustion particle blocks for sale. No idea on the price though :confused:

Well ok let’s math this out - According to boundless marketplace compact hard coal costs media 150c and provides 15,000 spark, costing 1c/100 spark. So let’s say 1 spark is worth 0.01c. and 1 hard coal is worth .4166_c

It costs 360 combustion particles to make 50 compact combustion particles, and you need 180 of those to make 50 coal infused combustion particles plus 180 hard coal (you need 360 hard coal to make 50 of the 15,000 which is half of the 360 you need for 15000 spark, so we can round this to 0.8322_c of hard coal / compact hard coal).

So we need 1,296 combustion particles per coal infused combustion particle.

Ok I don’t have the number of sparks generated by each coal infused combustion particle, so could someone provide numbers on the spark of the new blocks? Just right click it and read it to me.

1 Like

1 Like

So the coal infused is worth maybe 180c each, 200c for the enriched?

/shrug

Is this a bad joke? Does a coal-infused combustion particle, which requires ~1200 combustion particles really only provide 2000 more spark? I guess that matches up with the …oh my god this makes no sense at all…

OK so a compact combustion particle gives 2250 spark by itself, and it requires 3.6 compact combustion particles per coal-infused combustion particle block…yea this is going there…so you are paying whatever is spark cost to lose 5,100 spark…MHM

DEVS! @james

1 Like

Someone please tell me my math is badly wrong or there’s a couple zeros edited out of the screenshot…

1 Like

my maths may be off because, Ice Troll

but the process of converting Infused to Enriched, means you putting in about 648k worth of spark material to get an output of 990k spark worth of material. which is the lowest spark amplification on the tier list of only 52% bonus

My poorly drawn and maybe confusing results can be seen here.

Col 1 Reaction Type | Col 2, Input Value | Col 3, Output Value | Col 4, Bonus in %

The 1st row is in relation to the old fuel and serves only as an Reference and takes no part in the new fuel process

Ooh I love math. I’d be happy to join in the math when I get home

Not if I’m looking at this right.

Looking at the screenshots and in-game tooltips in the compactor it appears that it takes 360 combustion particles to make 50 compact combustion particles, and it requires 180 compact combustion particles to make 50 coal-infused combustion particles. This means it takes (360/50 ) *180) / 50 combustion particles per coal infused combustion particles = 25.92 combustion particles per…ok that makes more sense, I left out a term.

It then takes 36 coal-infused combustion particles to make 50 enriched combustion particles, each of which generates 19,800 spark. (36/50) * 25.92 = 18.6624 combustion particles per enriches combustion particle.

So if 1 compact combustion particle generates 2,250 spark at a cost for (mass crafting) 7.2 combustion particles you get 312 spark/combustion particle.

The enriched combustion particle generates 4,800 more spark per block. 4,800 / 18.6624 = 257.201… spark/combustion particles. IN ADDITION to the kindling mass used.

OK so I left out a term and still discovered a glaring problem :smiley:

I’m just not sure why you’d want to pay kindling shards and spark to get less out of it.

In fact you’re paying spark to convert the compact combustion particles to coal-infused combustion particles.

Let me see if I can clear up my work a little better

It takes 180 units of [Hard Coal] which is = to about 144 KiloSpark (144,000)
and
It takes 180 units of [Compact Combustion Particle] which is = to about 405 KiloSpark (405,000)
Therefore
In total the Input for the reaction is 549 KiloSpark (549,000)
For an output of 50 Units of [Coal-Infused Combustion Particle] which is = to about 9000 KiloSpark (9,000,000)
Which means the Output is 1539% more then the Input.

The Cost of this reaction is only about 16 KiloSpark >> Close To Insignificant <<

Then

It takes 36 Units of [Coal-Infused Combustion Particle] which is = to about 648 KiloSpark (648,000)
and
It takes 180 Units of [Kindling Shred] Which is = to about 3.6 KiloSpark >> Insignificant <<
Therefore
In total the input for the reaction is 648 KiloSpark (648,000) Or (651,600) If you really want to count the Kindling
For an output of 50 Units of [Enriched Combustion Particle] which is = to about 990 KiloSpark (990,000)
Which means the Output is 52% more then the Input.

The cost of this reaction is only about 5 KiloSpark. >> Insignificant <<

Although I haven’t looked at inorganics an awful lot since farming released, as far as I can see based on the math here, to me it looks like their use is basically meant to stretch how far each actual piece of coal goes, since the inorganics themselves can be (actively) grown in “unlimited” supply, while coal has to come from a limited (but passively regenerating) source.

Perhaps it doesn’t make a lot of sense to look at it like that either though, since effectively, there is a lot more coal than any of us can imagine gathering by ourselves in a day. :man_shrugging:

Either way, I’m still using coal, and probably will be for quite some time, since I always end up with more than I use anyway. :slight_smile:

IIRC I think I was comparing compact hard coal vs turning the compact hard coal into enriched fuel bits.

You can not turn [Compact Hard Coal] Into [Coal-Infused Combustion Particle]

It takes 360 units of [Hard Coal] which is = to about 288 KiloSpark

total Input is 288 KiloSpark
For an output of 50 Units of [Compact Hard Coal] which is = to about 7500 KiloSpark
Which means the Output is 2504% more then the Input

However

The other reaction uses [Hard Coal] and only 180 units of it or about 144 KiloSpark, Since the farming stuff grows on its own and you are not leaving your base to go out and collect it, one might be able to say you are kind of getting it as a free material. since if it is setup correctly, it replaces itself with little effort.

So with that in mind and you count it as free, then turning 144 KiloSpark worth into 9000 KiloSpark worth is now a 6450% bonus. and this is what I think the fuel farming was designed to do, You can get a lot more out of the Hard Coal per unit, for less, if you are willing to count your farm as „free materials“

1 Like

Alright, but forget about spark generation for a minute, look at what it does in a furnace!

It lowers crafting times rather significantly! I made a list of it in the Testing thread.

Also I only use compact soft and medium coal for spark generation and always use compact hard coal in my furnaces because it had the lowest crafting times. So since these are around now anyways I might as well use them when I’m in a hurry!

3 Likes

I was guesstimating combustion particles at around 15c since they do take time, but don’t require much resources or travel to harvest. 15 X 1296 = 19440c for 50 coal infused. To make it easy I will just round up to 20k to account for coal. Next I will low-ball the exo only kindling shreds to 50c. 180 X 50 = 9000, 36coal infused X 400 = 14400 for a total of 23400. I will kindly round up because I low-balled earlier to 25k.

So I get:
Compact particles: roughly 110c
Coal infused: 400c
Hyper Blue: 500c

2 Likes