Exclusive Items

Will everybody who has an exclusive item have the exact same item. Also, will the exclusive weapon be more of an item that just shows you preordered the game, I don’t want to have to stop using it because I get a better weapon.

2 Likes

I hope these items are skins/minor early game boosts.

Yep.

Still working this out, but we want to provide something that’s equal parts a ‘cool thing’ and ‘useful’ without it breaking the game or feeling unfair to non-crowdfund backers.

11 Likes

Ok, sounds good. Thanks Ben.

How about if they scale with player progression?

It’s a a good idea, but I’m not sure how well it would work, as we’ve been told weapons that and tools will break over time (it’s not been 100% confirmed how long a time though) and armour is mostly cosmetic (with the exception of rings and I think armbands - would have to confirm that though!).

Maybe increased durability as a founders perk for their unique items? Or maybe when they finally do break, you can somehow keep them as an heirloom to decorate your home with.

It depends on what the dev will do, but if there is a blacksmithing skill, weapons and tools could be repaired and upgraded so they aren’t just items used until you find weapon/tool with better base stats.

2 Likes

There’s nothing planned for a blacksmith profession as far as I know, and as I stated, it’s currently planned that no tool/weapon will last forever. This is partly to keep the economy in a constant state of supply/demand I believe.

1 Like

Good i found this currently pretty old discussion :smiley: i was think how these unique items will work out
In my mind an innocent little child believed that each player could use some sort of item creator with each of his unique items he will get, one time only. Of course only changing the look of it. But this way these unique item would actually be really unique. But of course i realized this is maybe to big to implement and even so its only optical non-backers could get sad that they can’t do such a cool thing. I mean going arround trying to collect all kinds of unique tools from other players is nothing someone would have fun with right?

So i came up with a more simple idea that i think shouldn’t be that much of a big deal. All weapons and tools have these distinctive cubes with glyphs inscribed. why not letting players design how this cube will look like on their unique tools, in this case all of them.

If there really happens to be some kind of proffession which can upgrade and advance tools, than this could work as some kind of brand too :D.

But this is just a funny idea i came up with nothing i would desperately want xD