Expired Homes Should store items

I want to fully quote this post so you cannot edit it later. XOXO

Labeling is labeling. Should I call people that consistently defend the developers white knight lackeys if I mean it in the best way possible?

1 Like

People are more than welcome to call “people” a white knight lackey… hell I would if those people were constantly supporting the devs in the context of a being Lackey. But I’d need the proof to show how they were otherwise it would make no sense to describe the actions that way.

The issue as I see it is whether you should call a specific person that. More importantly it would matter whether you have actions on how they are being that way and present it as such and present it in a way that shows humility and willingness to have a conversation around it. It all comes down to how you approach it and contextualize the comments. A lot of people can fail in getting the nuances or calling a person a specific name without causing offense.

I disagree with you strongly on labeling individuals or groups but this is so far off topic that it really is not even funny.

4 Likes

If I were to lose all my inventory I would be devastated. Yes, it would be 100% my fault…and Yes, I doubt I would come back… so I understand the original poser’s comment and am empathetic to the situation.

That said, the Devs need revenue to keep the game going and the current configuration does encourage people to buy GC which equals revenue.

I have doubts that player retention would be improved much by getting rid of the ability to lose items due to expired beacons. I have a feeling a large percentage of beacons expire due to player burnout.

And to the contrary, I think getting rid of the consequences of expired beacons would severely reduce the number of GC subscriptions. Just my opinion

2 Likes

There are many issues with this game. This is just one of them. Fixing it will be fixing just one issue with the game, true, but it’s still an issue that needs to be fixed.

1 Like

So how about “that” give item menu we already have but on a beacon. It already determinates what blocks are inside its range so its gives you prestige. Whenever beacon runs out, it simply sucks block insde and stores it. For a while it would stay on 1 plot but, if player has not logged in for period of time, becon is sended to players inventory, when placed again it would only give thous items that were stored.

P.s I dont know if this idea was lifted somewhere -_-

2 Likes

I’ve just glanced over this thread and i feel like a lot of the discord we are having with this issue can be solved by what James proposed a few months back. The economy machine is the chrysominter.

you can have an expired shop who stores items atm
just open shop in our mall and your stuff is save for very longtime

my self if the game did that i would be even more angry…the chrysominter is trash unless you have it fully coiled and even then the payoff is still bad it would be like if your 1 million dollar house burned down and the insurance company only payed you 100K

1 Like

Technically, you would not need coils or the machine. The idea proposed by james was simply value each ressource based the chrysominter once the beacon expires and introduce the amount of coins into the players inventory. If I recall correctly the chrysominter is priced lower then the actual maket value and that price fluctuate with the economy. Also i hope this system would simply calculate each items value rather then convert them into coin and not allow scavenging.
This idea does solve a lot of the technical aspect of this problem but yea one of the major flaws is that ressource values changes over time.
Lets take advance powercoils back at launch as an example, they were going for 20k+ whereas now its just a few thousand coins. So if i left the game and my beacon expired back in oct 2018, i would most likely have more coins in my inventory then if my beacon expired now.
The problem is simply pricing so lets change two things.

1. The chrysominter was made to introduce demand for items that doesnt have much demand in the market while still making the machine not compete in the economy hence why the price are significantly lower so lets just take the average pricing of each ressource in the beacon an hour before the it expires.
  2. and then take into account the fluctuation of the items between the time your beacon expired and the time you return.
    I mean this won’t give you the full amount (million dollars) but it should be fairly close and besides i personally believe that there should be some mild form of “punishment”(might not be the right word for this) but since most of the community are adults and id expect some form of organization on there part.
    To recap, this idea works great on a technical level and it would simply require adjusting the calculations in order to make it “fair” to everyone.
1 Like