Expiring beacon question

When a person has Gleam Club, does their beacon flame start going out & smoking, then the system automatically refuels it before it goes out?

I would like to know this as well

Yes, as someone who has expanded and waited for beacons to die (some did, some did this). It is due to gleam club.

1 Like

Yup and it still gives us a warning about the beacon fuel running out before it switches to gleam club. Rather annoying.

I think a gleam club beacon should have an entirely different flame, especially to avoid this confusion.

3 Likes

I ran past one of my old places the other day and stopped bc there was a group of people standing there. My beacon looked smokey I think. I have GC so it’s def not running out.

1 Like

k. ty for the info :+1:

If your beacon is smoking, your about to lose your gleam club, I don’t know where these other people are that they are giving these types of responses, but as a currently active gc member, beacons will remain fuelled and on fire, until such time the membership hits 1 week remaining. Also key note if you’re a GC member with either multiple builds, or characters, or a combo of both. You MUST VISIT EACH BEACON TO ACTIVATE GC. Reason for the all caps is I personally learned the hard way. GC acts like the epic tax skill, if you don’t visit the beacon, the GC will not active for that beacon til you do

1 Like

It only smokes if tour gleem club is running out.
Ive had normal fuel and gleem club and i had the smokey bug alot but only when i had a short time of gleemclub left never when normal fuelpart was about to run out.

Purchased 6 months of GC 22.10 and have not had smokey beacon since then. :stuck_out_tongue:
Probobly never will.

But this sounds like a fun thing to troll people with.

Make a settlement make the beacon smokey on purpose. build it like a treasury full of coils and goodies and watch people waste their time watching the build in hopes of raiding it :joy:

Will probobly not be entertaining for more then 5min though.

Omg, this needs to be put more out there!!

By all means. It would save a lot of headaches, mine included, when people complain about expiring beacons while in GC.

Well I’ve been a gleam club member since the early launch for ps4 and anytime I do a new beacon after the couple weeks of the fuel I put in there I get a warning about the beacon going to expire. Also note that I have 11w+ on my membership left so I shouldn’t be seeing any warnings by what you said.

If you’re a member still and active at your beacons, then what you’re getting is actually a footfall warning. I noticed this with my Bitulla beacon, fuel was fine, but hadn’t visited in days, after going and removing the coin gathered, warning disappeared, then another week goes by, same wierd warning again, same solution resolved it. Since then make habit of visiting the beacon about every other day.

1 Like

I have over 6 months of GC so I don’t think my beacons will be running out soon. It may have been a beacon that I hadn’t visited in awhile.

No, la llama nunca se apaga hasta la ultima semana que seria como si no fueras de gleam club, yo soy de gleam club y la llama se mantiene encendida hasta q se consuman los seis meses de duracion que entonces se apagara

Maybe it just looked smokey to them for a bit…like a glitch.

This sounds like a bug and probably should be reported if people are seeing this…

I never saw any development on a “footfall warning.” There is no requirement to go and remove your footfall coin or any warning around it… We had people in EA that never removed footfall. Additionally, if I remember right I never removed any footfall coin from a beacon I have that is still going. Also I’m pretty sure it was the first Beacon placed on Biitula because our guild was moving fast right after release and had the first settlement, etc.

So I would lean toward this being a bug or some other extension of the warning message or something else and not related to footfall. Or at least very unlikely.

Somewhere I read, or heard that from now on if you don’t visit your beacon somewhat regularly, you will end up losing foot fall coins. Wether this is actually true remains a mystery to me. As I said in an earlier post. That’s what happened to me, and that’s how I resolved it.

Yes in EA a footfall mechanic was added that required (if I remember the specifics right) a character to enter a settlement where they have beacons once every 5 days or they will start losing like 1% of their footfall gain amount each day after that week.

I assume that the mechanic is still in play but might have been adjusted with the new changes that were put on test.

The original reason this was put in was to fight people that have claimed land for footfall specifics and NEVER really played the game. They were older players that had great locations but didn’t log in but one time every 6 months. So they were gaining footfall but never playing while they waited to see how the game matured.

In a Oortian call I had with @olliepurkiss I brought this feature up and offered some suggestions about how to augment it. Primarily I asked that instead they focus around the whole account (which includes main and alts) activity and linking that to the footfall. It was not easy for someone with many alts who has various beacons for them in multiple settlements to run around on each Alt to 40+ planets each week. Many of the Alts I had were for crafting or other specifics because of how they designed the game. So while I used them I didn’t always visit each settlement they had a beacon in. Most of those beacons I managed with my Main instead of the Alt. So there was activity in the beacon but not for the Alt. Some beacons I didn’t visit as often but I still was playing the game and especially playing the Alt on other planets.

So I figured if they changed it to a larger activity they could still focus on solving the original issue about people gaining coin and never playing versus those that were active but had land holdings they didn’t always go to on the Alt that owned them.

Personally I agree with the basics around the mechanic because a person that is not playing the game on a regular basis in ANY reasonable fashion should not earn coin for their holdings.