Explain goo farming please

Please can someone concisely explain goo farming to me, like they’re explaining it to a child? :laughing:
I get the basic concept that you mutate colours and can grown on rock or gleam and lava helps the yields.

Is there a standard layout? Is there a simple way to delve into this or is it as complex as it seems in my head lol??
Is there any point in setting up a tiny goo farm just with some colours I’m interested in, or is it better to have a huge range for mutating?

I’ve really not looked at farming at all but would love to have a go at goo farming if I can get my head around it

I know you guys talk about it in other threads but I can’t keep up with it it’s so confusing :flushed:

2 Likes

Edited your title cos you put too farming instead of goo. :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh dear oh dear :laughing: ty!
It just seems like uncharted territory right now. I don’t even know where to start :laughing: I guess I should go visit some farms

2 Likes

I’m the same, as you know I like farming and grow everything apart from kindling but just can’t get my head around goo.

2 Likes

Here’s the hard part ->[Guide] Goo color mixing guide
Your setup is divided into two parts. One is the mutation farm, the other the crop farm.

What is best depends on personal preference, here’s my setup:
For the mutation farm I use only growth and raw gleam, gives a 0% on crop and a 90% on seed. For the gleam you use it’ s up to you to figure out a good setup not gonna spoil which colors to grow lol ; P

For the crop setup it’s all lava and rocks (rock color has no influence on the random mutations occuring during crop raising). Gives a setup of 220% crop and 80% seed. This is preferably to using sponge imo since you replant a lot of kernels multiple times, yielding a lot of pigments.

The mutation is labor intense, you will replant all kernels once matured to the same gleam block until they reach your goal color (gleam color or a color you want). Once Mutated you transfer them to the crop farm.

Any questions? ^ _ ^ /

3 Likes

@bigd9335 @Trickyy90 if you want a tutorial on a build you can visit my City tonight (in around 5 hours from the time of this post is when I would have time for this) and I ll show you my goo farm :3

3 Likes

Will give that post a proper perusal when I get online. But would love to see your farm! I should be online in around 5 or 6 hours myself too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

isnt gleam lantern quicker growth time ?

2 Likes

Does deco gleam make any difference? I’ve loads of the stuff!

3 Likes

Yes, but since I dont want to lantern my gleambow gleam I use it raw.
Does lantern growing have any negative effects on seed % is what I would ask tho.

1 Like

I also should be on ina few hours, but I have a project on at mo and I’m chomping at the bit to get it finished. I will however check out the goo tutorial. :+1:

3 Likes

Aye, if you want see an example farm at some point you can just drop in ^^

The guide is hard, there is no easy way to explain digital color mixing in LAB space, sadly.

3 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: it’s the layout and basic concept I need to get my head around lol! Then I can build my own and experiment at leisure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you give directions to the farm for those that don’t know please?

1 Like

No effect on seed, refined gets 5% speed boost at the cost of 5% produce, lantern 15% speed bonus at the cost of 10% produce, compared to raw gleam.

3 Likes

Oh that’s not bad. Maybe I will lantern it some day ^^

Lol, sure, but it’s not that great of a farm just an example, there’s probably ppl with better setups~
PS Hub Circarpous I, coming from Lamblis there is a Cargo drop area to your left at the sea, there’s a ship parked you can use as transport. In the city just cross the street, the building on the left named “NepCo Colors” is the color farm.

2 Likes

This is my mutation setup, it is not perfect but it’s more functional to my taste. I got tired of only 90% max seed so I went to a hybrid system of 205 crop to 75 seed. By doing this I felt it made up for the targeted seed color loss by giving more pigment to work with later in the color mixer machine. I have 2x10 lanterns surrounded by stone with the stone chiseled from above and lava placed inside. You may need to light with gleam from the bottom to achieve to shortest growth time. I have two layers growing in the picture.

Edit: I forgot to add, you can do this setup 3 wide if you want but a couple bulk crafts of lanterns looked better 2x10

2 Likes

I have two setups ive been playing around with for goo mutations… nothing fancy but it works…

This one if I’m not mistaken can go 3 wide gleam and rock… results are Gleam 215% crop and 75% seed and on the rock its 220% crop and 80% seed… Gleam does the mutation better… rock does as well but a smaller percentage… this setup from what I was told is the better option since you get seeds and pigment drops…

above shot…

keep in mind any growth or any other block that could effect the results MUST be more then three blocks away…

My other setup is a checkered pattern of growth and gleam… Results are 0% crop and 90% seed… with this one you will need to make a pigment farm which i have that gives you back I believe 350% crop.

without the gleam to show the growth…

This is above the pigment farm

Hope this helps… I’m not a pro at this just been asking around alot and testing… :slight_smile:

@Trickyy90

4 Likes

Okay so i have my basic set up done :smiley:
And im getting some cool results even without knowing fully what im doing lol!

So another question, each spray sprays one single block right?
How many blocks can the spray tinter machine tint with one spray can?

3 Likes

One lol.
You can put a ss of sprays into it though and spray 900 blocks, it’s how you use it ^^
It functions as your auto spray x amount of blocks device.

2 Likes