Explaining recent inflation

Having a look at the game’s playerbase in the past while we see:

The significant sequence events are the following:

1. Leveling, etc. got added and players flocked in.
  2. Many left after about a week.
  3. Footfall got fixed in a patch.
  4. Chisels got updated spurring new interest. Many builders returned with more demand than ever and built-up coin from weeks of footfall.
  5. XP got rebalanced causing even more players to return / stay longer. This further increased coin supply with more daily coin rewards and built-up footfall from returning players. The XP rebalance also increased coin supply by rerunning all feats and their rewards with a much larger playerbase getting this bump after returning.

This has led to massively increased in coin supply (some of which will stay) and massively increased demand (most of which will stay). What has not increased much is supply - but we’re seeing a bit of an increase now as more people get to higher levels and contribute to farming meaningfully. As supply increased prices should go down, but this is unlikely in the short term since the next patch with many new item types and recipes is likely to redirect time to its resources.

12 Likes

Oortconomist strikes again!

5 Likes

I am not seeing any note on the release of the game to those traveler group or those that had pre-paid. That caused an unique one time influence of player numbers. Some have stayed from that but I’m not sure how much.

Could you update your chart so that we can see the dates? I’m not even sure this about an update but because of weekends/holydays. As you can see the complete system follows a schema (wave function - sin/cos(x) function)).