Explorer's Fist... Cannot Craft

hmm… I will ask her when she comes back online… Thank you for your help @boundmore

and is it the iron fist one of them can craft?

her friend can craft the iron fist but she doesn’t have it on her list… so it may be what you said earlier. If they both fresh new purchases then it would be odd that one can and the other can’t.

it certainly would be odd if they bought freshly without any past involvement, and without buying deluxe edition

if they bought deluxe edition, explorer’s (iron) fist shouldn’t be there anyway - only the gold one

they didn’t get the deluxe. I asked her twice to make sure… When she comes back I will let you know what she says so we both don’t be all confused lol

1 Like

if you own the DDA it brakes the game and gives you the explorers fist cuz i think the system sees DDA has some level of EA backers

edit: i did not want to necro my old thread but have 99% confirmed this talking to alot of new players who got the deluxe edition

lets not nerco that idea that its a bug, it should remain dead.

The Iron fist in my book is a core item, and I am 100% against the fact it is locked behind a paywall and/or something that can no longer be gotten, New players should be able to craft this, as otherwise they WILL have a hard time dealing with mobs.

„Time to let the dead be dead“

1 Like

What’s wrong with iron slingbows? Also I do believe the mob health is being reworked for low planets. 3-4 hits with normal totem. Which means slingbow will make quick work of them

When I was a noob, I found they did not work nearly as well as the iron fist. felt like day and night.

3 Likes

thats fine if the devs want to keep it public but that means that they need to release a new EA weapon

3 Likes

That’s preference tho. I preferred slingbow since it was faster.

1 Like

Each to his and her own, But I assume because of some of the new player complaints saying mobs are too hard. I assume there is some weight to how I feel about the situation.

You probably missed my edit. But mob health on low planets is being reworked. 3-4 hits with a standard totem. So iron slingbow will make quick work of them

Or just make fist weapons a full-fledged weapon class, complete with versions for each material type <3

13 Likes

And essentially remove part of the reason people did the delux edition.
Honestly if the land bonus was the only thing for deluxe I wouldn’t have done it.

Absolutely, I would love Gem fists, and I would love for all of the boons to work on the fists. It is the main reason I refuse to DPS in hunts. Fists are not competitive enough to do the DPS on high level worlds.

Sometimes sacrifices need to be made for the betterment of the game as a whole. I am sure they can find some other bonus to give you in its place to make it worth it that isn’t something I consider to be a core part of the game. If they are holding back of making gem fists just because of the deluxe edition, that is not right in my book. We need more types of weapons. to suit various playstyles, And the Fists are a very good one. Should not be limited.

And once again, as a noob, I found the iron fist to be a god send compared to everything else I tried. If it was not for that. It may very well be the case I would not still be here myself.

1 Like

Well it’s really in the devs hands on what they want to do. They may have a lot of weapons in mind to make. We will have new ores soon and whose to say that those won’t bring new weapons as well. But as for the fist being a core item is just a matter of opinion. I don’t see it that way. In fact the most I’ve ever used it was to one shot blocks on t1 lol. I thought that was a better use for it than against mobs. Was/is very lack luster without being forged to me.

I hope they make melee weapons to be honest.

Spears!!! They have the dev art for them they just need to put them in game!!! Lol

3 Likes

Maybe but they are not here right now, and they need them sooner then later based on how the free weekend happened which im going to reframe from saying anything more here as I do not wish to be rude in this topic,

We already have the Iron fists, and the gold ones, so the basic code for making them is already in, therefore it is easier for them to expand it then it is to add in a new type of weapon. I really don’t see us getting any new types of weapon any time soon. That is why I want to see the fists De-categorized as exclusive if that is what is holding them back from making improvements on it, It is the faster path. As well as the fact I feel it is a core item and everybody should be able to make the iron one. If they want to keep the gold one locked away and give it something extra special not found in the iron, and gem ones if/when they make them, then thats fine.

As someone who is typically a Melee only player, Yes I would like to see this as well, and that is part of the reason why I hate gem slingbows (not talking about low level anymore) I don’t like ranged combat, but the Fists while technically not melee is the best compromise there is at this time. Futhermore I am not sure how well they could add in pure melee weapons into the game when being in melee range of some of the high level mobs can 1 shot kill you.

1 Like

Well we know there’s already one new held item coming with the gleambow event. I’m sure it’s not a weapon but hopefully they’ve been working on weapons behind the scenes. And yea that one shot death did suck. I specd myself for that not to happen to me unless I’m shoved into a tree but at that point it’s the “fall” damage that’s killing me. Also I try to remember to bring my shielding pies with me so I am tankier