Explorer's Fist... Cannot Craft

Well it’s really in the devs hands on what they want to do. They may have a lot of weapons in mind to make. We will have new ores soon and whose to say that those won’t bring new weapons as well. But as for the fist being a core item is just a matter of opinion. I don’t see it that way. In fact the most I’ve ever used it was to one shot blocks on t1 lol. I thought that was a better use for it than against mobs. Was/is very lack luster without being forged to me.

I hope they make melee weapons to be honest.

Spears!!! They have the dev art for them they just need to put them in game!!! Lol

3 Likes

Maybe but they are not here right now, and they need them sooner then later based on how the free weekend happened which im going to reframe from saying anything more here as I do not wish to be rude in this topic,

We already have the Iron fists, and the gold ones, so the basic code for making them is already in, therefore it is easier for them to expand it then it is to add in a new type of weapon. I really don’t see us getting any new types of weapon any time soon. That is why I want to see the fists De-categorized as exclusive if that is what is holding them back from making improvements on it, It is the faster path. As well as the fact I feel it is a core item and everybody should be able to make the iron one. If they want to keep the gold one locked away and give it something extra special not found in the iron, and gem ones if/when they make them, then thats fine.

As someone who is typically a Melee only player, Yes I would like to see this as well, and that is part of the reason why I hate gem slingbows (not talking about low level anymore) I don’t like ranged combat, but the Fists while technically not melee is the best compromise there is at this time. Futhermore I am not sure how well they could add in pure melee weapons into the game when being in melee range of some of the high level mobs can 1 shot kill you.

1 Like

Well we know there’s already one new held item coming with the gleambow event. I’m sure it’s not a weapon but hopefully they’ve been working on weapons behind the scenes. And yea that one shot death did suck. I specd myself for that not to happen to me unless I’m shoved into a tree but at that point it’s the “fall” damage that’s killing me. Also I try to remember to bring my shielding pies with me so I am tankier

I gotta disagree with that statement. If you forge your fist for speed and damage and use a mega speed brew… it absolutely shrewds higher tier mobs although they burn out fairly quick, they are competitive.

1 Like

Forged to what level of damage?

I didnt say they were going to be easy to make :wink:

I’m going to assume that is a 10 then.

Regardless Gem fists would be very nice to have. most certainly since you may have kind of admitted it is most likely not to practical to try to force the current ones up into the competitive level.

Also the 40% Resist from elemental mobs is annoying as all ████.

Just forge a diamond slingbow with the Heavy Weight Projectile boon and you are right in melee range. I like to forge them with Devastating Damage as well and run up on elite spitters for up close combat.

Extra money paid in EA gives you iron fist. You do it now and you get golden fist. Fair trade to say the least.
Let’s not forget it’s only a recipe you get, not an unbreakable item. You still need to craft it every time they break. It’s available for everyone in shops. Even below 100c for the iron one. Golden ones are more expensive, so post-EA backers get a better deal maybe.

1 Like

Being forced to use a suppler and relie on someone else for this, still makes me against it. I feel it makes it less likely for a new player to get their hands on it unless they knew exactly what they were looking for and where, or they happened on it by chance. then if they just simply had it in their crafting menu to start with when they had the required skill for them to craft it.

Yup and I’ve always disliked these practises with a passion!

If you didn’t know about the game back then you’re being punished. Heck, even if I did know I’m on PS4 so would never have paid for a game’s EA when that was not on PS4 either.

so yeah, would the wayfarer totem and the fists to be craftable by me!

I still have them, but rather like it to be easier :slight_smile:

1 Like

Neither my son nor I were EA backers, we bought the game when released in Oct and bought the deluxe version. We were able, once we reached a certain level, to make the Explorer’s fist and then the Gold fist.
Don’t remember what it said when we bought it, but I am thinking that for buying the deluxe we would get the exclusive Explorer’s fist and later when we had advanced to a certain level we would be able to make the Gold fist. I have made both, even made and gave away some of the iron fists during the free weekend.

@james I really think you should add the fist recipes to be available to purchase for a small fee. $5-10 max. I would have purchased the more expensive version if I knew when I got the game. I’m willing to buy them now.

A deluxe upgrade will be coming out for PS4 then at least we can craft the gold fist!

My friend who stopped playing has been making mine. I get him to come on every few weeks to do 5-6 mass crafts. Lol. But I want to make my own.

Yeah same here, sigh

1 Like

If either of you need goldfists made just msg me. I can make and sell or make free with your mats if either of you 2 need them made.

1 Like

I know but that deluxe upgrade just needs to be released ASAP

Releasing Iron Fists to the general population would be a thumb in the eye for people who backed to get them. I can understand frustrations at now not being able to get them but that was sort of the point of the reward on the backer tiers - back now & get something exclusive.

5 Likes