Extreme lag

Well clearly you’re using the routers on the right side of the server and I’m using the one’s on the left : P

literally yes :stuck_out_tongue: (at least I assume my traffic is not being routed the wrong way via america…)

VPN through Virginia (I can connect just fine).

Anddd back to my local ISP

Which does certainly provide more evidence for what I’ve said quite a few times so far, that it is a problem with the routing between the isp and aws (hence location and vpn both have an effect)

I feel like I’m standing right next to you looking at the same thing.

Well I can’t say there is not a problem, I highly suspect there is. But if it’s between AWS and Comcast, that’s probably a concern no?

You very well might be. lol

West Coast Player on Comcast

Constantly crashing on any server that will let me on it as well.

Finata is also down.

1 Like

Honestly if yall are running this on C5s’ you’re spending a good bit of real life coin. You should be able to call up AWS and get someone to assist.

An alternative is that you can (and maybe should) be having us connect to country local proxies for game traffic. That way you have near 100% control of issues like this.

It is a unique challenge with the architecture of the game, and the desire to connect all the servers across the world. I honestly think that’s soo cool. But it is unique. I think if I had any say over the network design of things, that’s exactly what I would do.

Was also standing near the portal talking to some folks. A handful telling me they had the same issues. Mostly Comcast and ATT.

Let me know if you need more measurements. I’m happy to help… deal with inter-corporate network problems like this all the time.

2 Comcast, 3 ATT so far

ATT user here…serious issues trying to connect to specific planets. Southern US (CST).
Can’t get to Serp, Finata, etc.
nonconnec2nonconnec

Could this be due to the California fires & bad winter weather? I don’t know where the corporate offices or servers are housed.

The servers that are down are in ec2-52-59-222-228.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com (should be Germany).

Possible that it’s related above, but we tend to get these same issues a couple every week, and “down detector” isn’t really scientific. I wouldn’t trust it much.

2 Likes

Certainly seems to be affecting a good number of people (though not everyone!). Population count on Finata takes a nosedive at about 1:35pm PST

Would be interesting to take a look at the other EU servers too.

You’re right, I was just looking around. I’m not having any connection issues with ATT + any other game or site right now. Hopefully Amazon will get that server back up soon.

Its definitely down Finata won’t load

Gellis, Niia Zed Ka, others seem to have a similar dip, yeah

1 Like