!facepalm

Got to love the moment when… You’ve been grinding endlessly to get your next level up. Being able to craft iron, silver and gold hammers is on the horizon! Levels up puts points into common tool recipes just to find out I need more skill points in block recipes just to begin crafting it
My long night is now just a blob of disappointment… But hey at least I can still craft iron hammers -_-

3 Likes

Haha I understand your frustration but remember: Boundless is an MMO.

And like ALL mmo’s there are limits and time consuming goals.

All mmo’s are basically HUGELY glorified chat sites + fun.

If they were too easy to master, you’d get to the top tier in no time, do what you want to do and get bored = not playing anymore.

The Boundless team are trying their best to make it as fun as they can and I personally think they’re doing a GREAT job at it :grin: I love the fact that it’s difficult to craft anything worth because when I do, I get a sense of accomplishment. The game is not released yet and there are going to be a ton of changes by that time.

If you need some assistance and a bit of a guide, you’re more than welcome to search this forum and ask ANY player to help. One of the things about Boundless I love is we have a great community and everyone is always willing to help each other and always go the further mile for other players.

The day I started playing, @SWProzee1 gave me a diamond torch which hasn’t left my inventory because it’s SO useful when mining :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Yeah the progression system need loads of work done to it… but hay its new… who knows what it’ll be after more testing…

IMO its a mess, feels more like an artificial extension of game life by adding unnecessary amounts of grinding to unlocks, rather than a rewarding system that gives you a sense of accomplishment…

So, find a player to sell you the required materials. Will be cheaper than buying the finished product, and you can craft it on your own.

Hey thanks for the replies! :blush:
@Yuten, yea I know that’s an all new skill system. My only wish is that some of the tool tips for skills to be a little more streamlined. As in what happened to me I got the skill for iron, silver and gold hammers, yet I didn’t know I needed the skill to be able to refine silver and gold into ingots. If only in the tool tip there could have been like an “*” and say “recommended” skills that work well with the one I am currently hovering over.

@Selection I have to agree 100%. I feel they tried to implement the grind aspect as “this is a huge part of the game” granted yes, yes it is. But how come after you spend a few hours grinding resources do I feel like I didn’t really get all that much exp, fun, intuitive thinking etc. it’s like one huge cardboard box it looks awesome outside the box, then you go inside and you are bored in about ten minutes because there isn’t any filler inside said box. (I hope that made sense lmao)
@Havok40k this may work for others, iv seen them here on the forums trying to find each other to trade and sorts. But to me that’s immersion breaking, I’d like to go to a shop or find someone in game that I can get stuff from. Iv found a handful of good shops @DoomsdayKnight has got to be my favorite. But actually stumbling across someone happens to me like once every 4-6 in game hours. This right here (not seeing a good population) is what really bites the bag

3 Likes

FYI - we’re working the skill tree in the next next update. (The Live release after the new chisels.) We’re also adding more details about all the skills. And an in game crafting wiki.

No. We didn’t deliberately implement grind into the game. We tried to balance the progression so that players felt like they were making progress whilst enjoying the game. At the moment it’s too slow especially once the Tutorial and Objectives are complete. We’re working on this to make sure more players feel like they’re making progress. It shouldn’t ever feel like a grind. But we do want it to last and be meaningful and satisfying.

10 Likes

I guess I may have came across as meaning you guys forced “grind”. That was not my intention at all. Grind is normal with a lot of games, and granted it is still being balenced and polished and all that jazz. Just thinks like 6xp per block mined or 1xp per chisel hit, or x amount for crafting stones and stuff it just hurts to do a lot and only get a little from those tasks. But all in all I know it’s still in development, and all I can do is hope for the best when the full game drops.

The XP balance and skill trees are being worked on at the moment. I hope we will get the balance feeling good well before the full game drops.

9 Likes