Fall Damage needs a minimum distance or a nerf

Coming back to boundless. I died just jumping around malls, so I said okay they’ve changed the fall damage and so got the fall damage armor skill up to 5

I step down a few feet, not a fall, but step down a hill and take damage. This is crazy. There needs to be a minimum fall distance to take damage, at presents its way too short. If my ‘armor’ can’t take a couple of blocks of falling what’s the point in it.

16 Likes

I agree with this

5 Likes

Us citizens have weak knees, some arthritis also… 2 block drop half health bar gone…

3 Likes

Fall damage only works with low hp

2 Likes

Agreed the other day walkt of 1 block and dropped down an entire block and took dmg. This happened several times and got fall msg.

3 Likes

Wish I had a video, but I’ve found a way to take damage by running sideways into walls as you sprint :joy: it’s hilarious

1 Like

Yep, definitely agreed that fall damage is a bit overtuned. As it stands, it makes maxing out Agility and Vitality feel like a double edged sword – you move at a decent pace but anything square chiseled becomes a chip damage fiesta, walls gain spikes and corners become deathtraps.

Given that falling/momentum damage is % scaling, the Falling armour and Floating foods flat reductions feel completely negligible, to the point they could be considered a wasted skill point investment. I’ve definitely killed myself at hunts via signs on the floor, that stubbed toe was more damaging to my rock goblin than any Spitter or Cuttletrunk clusterbomb could inflict, even an Elite Wildstock with the Damage Exotic buff doesn’t do as much as fall damage can – with Kinetic armour the charge hit is 5200 but the corner behind the knockback can easily do 10k or more. Similar with bumping your head on leaves after a Cuttle does it’s gravity beam move and flings you.

I don’t mind the mechanic in the game as it makes logical sense (you should splat if you slam a wall while swinging with a lot of momentum), but it feels way too punishing at times. I feel like if the distance/speed at which it started to rack damage were upped a little, it’d feel better.

3 Likes

I wonder if by chance you had an item with bouncy feet quirk on it. That quirk is maddeningly out of tune imo.

Doesn’t help that the falling damage and jump perks just feel like a general waste of points.

2 Likes

They work if you drop all the HP points to 0

1 Like

To add to this, I would suggest not taking fall damage IMMEDIATELY after releasing grapple. Died too many times because one finger was faster than the other.

2 Likes