Farmers feats - making sprays

So I’m working on completing a few more farming feats. And I just made a bunch of sprays. But it doesn’t seem to be adding them all to the actual feat.

Says I’m at 493 but I just made over a thousand sprays.

Anyone else notice this. Is there something I’m not understanding about this feat?
Is it specific colours I need to make?

Edit - I think I’m getting 1 for every 100 sprays I create. Weird.

1 Like

I was doing that one like a month ago, and it seemed to add just a fraction. I made a batch of a few hundred but the counter only showed maybe 1/4 of it.

1 Like

I just made another 900+ and it added only 10 to the counter.

1 Like

Oh poop - it’s even worse than I thought. That 1/4 I mentioned was just a wild guess cause I didn’t notice how many exactly was added and how many I exactly crafted lol.

Looks like adds 1 per 100 so?

1 Like

I’m fairly certain if you make 1-100 sprays it will add 1 to the counter.
If you make 101-200 it’ll add 2.
I wonder if this is a mistake or intended. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Sucks bottom anyways, so I gave up doing it back then. I will only craft paints when I want to and let the counter do its own weird thing lol. Lost interest in tracking it seeing how little is added haha.

2 Likes

And here I thought. This should be easy to complete. Lol.

2 Likes

I have a feeling many fell into this trap lol.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with making spray, but is it way easier to make 1 spray than 100? If so just keep making one

1 Like

Making 1 spray 100000 time might take awhile. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

good idea

there is a output bonus based on power coils though - you won’t get that bonus on 1 pigment; put 100 pigment and you get 124 sprays if maximum power;

I’d say make them at least in 10s to help both the weird counter and the bonus in spray (should get 12 spray from 10 pigments - still 4 less when making 10x10 than 100 at once, but it lands close enough, unlike 100x1 that yields no bonus at all)

if you don’t care about actual spray and only make them for the feat that’s ok to make 100 single ones to trigger feat counter 100 times, but then again…
would be worth checking if you get 1 towards the feat from just 1 or is it 51 you must craft (so 51-150 to count as 100 and thus 1 towards the feat, 151-20 to count as 200 and thus 2 towards the feat etc.)

1 Like

just checked - crafted 2 single ones and it added 2 toward the feat

good spot @FlippityFloop :sunglasses:

EDIT: weird - put 10 pigments to make 12 sprays as the next step of testing, and I got all 12 added to the feat counter :open_mouth: it didn’t work before like

1 Like

Wow I was working on this one but not paying super close attention. I’ve noticed many feats are tricky like this where they don’t count what you would expect. For example, mining only counts seams, so if you have high stats and get multiple ore per seam, it doesn’t matter, if you mine 1 seam it counts 1 seam.

I recall this was a similar mechanism for one of the crafting feats I was working on where it counted each TIME you craft, not how many items you craft. Have you checked if it’s counting each time you initiate the craft and not the inputs or outputs? I’m going to check it too

Edit - I see you already figured this out lol sorry!! I got excited to share

3 Likes

I remember disappointment when I found that one long ago :laughing:

1 Like

did you fix it by simply mentioning the problem @georgegroeg?

put 50 more in the machine to make 62 sprays and the feat counter got all 62 in :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Let’s hope so. :rofl:

You can do up to 99 for the counting to work correctly. This is a known issue from a long time ago, still not fixed.

5 Likes