Farming - An in-depth guide to a feature that doesn't exist. Update #3 05/21/18

Hey @james can you pm me a full list of the currently implemented flora and plant mats? Ive been looking around but the wiki doesnt seem to have them or its in a weird place.

Today im going to work on some perks to be added with this that add various buffs and chance mechanics. Along with this, a new tool and some arbiculture related stuff to make tree chopping a bit less tedious. Im toying with the idea of beekeeping and insect related idea since logic dictates that wild plants would need some form of pollination to spread effectively.

Try going to a thick set of trees and harvest them like rock from the canopy downward, hoovering across their leaves with a diamond or ruby axe. Some places are better for this than others of course.

They do this and I am good playing Boundless until they put me in a nursing home. And then I’ll start a new character.

For the next update i think im going to work out some clothing that is obviously farming related. The buffs the clothing would provide would likely only work while inside of a claimed plot that you either own or have worker permissions in.

Went around gathering what data I can. Anyone able to add to this?

Twisted Aloba

• Fleshy Leaf
  • Waxy Earthyam

Oortian’s Staff

• Sweet Bean
  • Raw Earthyam
  • Fleshy Leaf

Rosetta Nox

• Inky Leaf
  • Raw Earthtyam
  • Petal

Desert Sword

• Fibrous Leaf
  • Raw Earthyam
  • Spicy Bean

Trumpet Root:

• Raw Waxy Earthyam
  • Spicy Bean
  • Sweet Bean
  • Bitter Bean

Traveller’s perch:

• Raw Exotic Earthyam
  • Fleshy Leaf
  • Fibrous Leaf
  • Inky Leaf

(Old cacti)
Raw exotic earthyam
(?)

Tar-spotted fungus thingy (name)
Reactive lamella
(Blue orbs)

Bloodfoot Fungus

• Edible Lamella
  • Pulsating Orb

Spineflower
GhostFlower
Cloneflower
Gladeflower

Exotic Foliage
Lush Foliage
Waxy Foliage

Barbed Grass
Gnarled Grass
Verdant Grass

Peaty Soil
Clay Soil
Silty Soil

Mud
Gravel
Sand

Trumpet root:
?
?

Traveller’s perch:
raw exotic yams
?

Tar-spotted fungus thingy (name)
Reactive lamella
(Blue orbs)

(Old cacti)
Raw exotic earthyam
(?)

-still @ work will update in 3h

The surface resources are on Boundlesscrafting.com already :wink:

I’d be interested in peoples findings on soil/gravel/mud and foliage specific drops so I can add them to the site!

Some of it seems wrong though @Stretchious, like the Trumpet Root is listed as dropping fibrous leaves only, and I think it drops beans, but not fibrous leaves…

I’ll get the old plants updated tonight. I knew they were due to change as they’re deemed as alien type plants now. Thanks for the heads up!

Rosetta Nox:

will also occasionally drop a petal

Trumpet Root

Raw Waxy Earthyam
Spicy Bean
Sweet Bean
Bitter Bean

Traveller’s Perch

Raw Exotic Earthyam
Fleshy Leaf
Fibrous Leaf
Inky Leaf

Can you get me the exact item name for the petal?

There may not be very many replies to this thread but ifeel like there is enough support that i really want to continue updating the thread. I truly appreciate the enthusiasm shown so far.

Heres hoping that the farming feature in the works by the devs (or at least in the planning stage) takes some inspiration by what is written here. You guys are awesome, this goes out to the community and devs.

The exact item name is Petal… ITEM_PETAL_BASE and the id is 32886.

ty I thought it would be something closer to dark petal or inky petal. ill be sure to update my reply with it

Its only “Petal”, .

Im using what knowledge I do have of game balancing from other titles to try and keep things as balanced as possible so if someone sees something in need of tweaking let me know.

As I’ve worked on this over the past few days I’ve had the Chocobo theme stuck in my head the ENTIRE time.

Enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Urhed8Qk0

Sounds like some folk music over here… :slight_smile:

Sorry for the pause in updates. kinda got hooked into the last 2 chapters of Final Fantasy XV lol. Ill be in for an update shortly.