Testing 224 - Farming Earthyams and Bulb return ratio from harvest

Yeah keep block drop the same (regen farms) add extra yields if you plant and farm them. Don’t screw over the people who built regen farms and the ones who use regen farms. That’s screwing your player base and boundless can’t afford that

9 Likes

Honestly I think the problem is how hard it is to participate in the economy/mmo aspect. In no other game you have to post on the forums or run around for hours trying to find somebody selling a basic resource to me.

10 Likes

So making a common food (earth yams/starberries) more difficult for a newer player to collect and veterans of the game saying it’s hurting the newer player base as not willing to participate in an mmo game. Than do you buy rift or blink slingbows at 40-50k each? If not than you aren’t willing to play the mmo game either. You are end game why can’t you pay end game prices that high?

1 Like

This will be a much larger grind also. Ever had to plant 2 SS of seeds in this game. It takes a lifetime to do. Now you harvest the 2 SS of seeds to maybe get a SS of whatever back and oh then replanet all the seeds again. That sounds like so much fun. Plant farms should just be a alternative to farming the resources from blocks, not a replacement for it.

10 Likes

And any newer people a “good” rift planet hasn’t t been around for months but 50+ (RANK) people still complain that rift is to expensive but earthyams shouldn’t be “free” like they have been

1 Like

Ehh you want to get personal with me?

If you can get me some decent ones at those prices I’m a buyer. And a seller. An active participant in the economy.

etc …

Might be the intended design and not a bug, BUT it surely IS a problem!

It means it is now even more time consuming and thus harder to get your yams than it was before. No thanks…

12 Likes

That’s due to the fact that boundless’s economy is a straight up joke when someone has to run around for hours just to find what they need or spam the forums with buy/sell threads there is something fundamentally wrong there

6 Likes

Actually said nothing “ personal “ about you. But if earthyams or berries shouldn’t fall from soil or foliage like they have, than 50+ (rank) players shouldn’t be saying anything about an unforged rift or blink tool/weapon being 50k. If you bought overpriced stuff cool and more power to you. Glad you have the funds to. But what noob has the coin to buy anything that was so easily gathered? I didn’t when I started on ps4 release. I lived off free soil yams and foliage berries. You didn’t?

5 Likes

And here I was hoping this update woildnt have any issues…

You should never get less seeds than what you put into it, the whole point of a farm is so you DON’T have to spend time gathering them manually but instead can have all the resources needed close by.

I would be alright if it started off as a 1:1 (i.e same amount of seeds planted is what you also get back) for lower efficiency farms, but max efficiency farms should ALWAYS give back a surplus of seeds.

Anything else defeats the whole point of farming and just acts as another nurf to gathering compared to what we can do now.

18 Likes

I did not. I started after you, and I built this farming trunk/sap/bark, and foraging:

Reactive Lamella FTW. I’ve done over 400 recipes but never crafted a coil.

I don’t know where this comes from. I’ve never sold a rift or blink item for over 10k?

I have complained several times about foraging being wrecked by luck drops. Nothing against the people who play the game as it’s coded though.

@Nightstar @morey523

Guys, please don’t start a word battle here, take it to Pm!

As a very important point may get lost because no-one wants to read an argument!

8 Likes

Ok again to be CLEAR wasn’t saying you personally. And the more farms the better. I’m half owner of bob’s farms which will be obsolete due to the farming update. I was more saying from personal experience that making berries and yams no longer dropping from soil or foliage will kill the newer player base because I ( me personally) lived off free berries and yams for months from digging out and cutting down trees and foliage to make my first “home” and stone furnace.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you.

I can only hope the devs see sense, but a field of crops returning less seeds than the start seems nonsensical to me.

I’d even be happy with an inefficient farm returning slightly less than 1:1, a medium one at 1:1 and a max at 1:2.

But for all farms to return less than 1:1 just isn’t right.

Such a pity, as I hoped farming would rekindle my enjoyment of Boundless, but it looks like it may be the end!

15 Likes

I think if you are planting the farm and caring for the farm it should be 1:2 yield at the least. 1 tomato seed or strawberry seed rarely gives you just 1 tomato or strawberry. You always get more from 1 fruit/vegetable

6 Likes

There is so much game to be played, I think low level people have a lot to keep them busy. Why not be happy there soooo many hours of fun to be had! It sound a line farming is available to low level players, they just need to do the time… just like everyone else.

I have to add, low level players today have it much easier than they did at release. :blush: Farming is going to take work and add to the economy. So far, I think the changes look great!

1 Like

Yeah the changes are amazing to me too. I’m truly excited for them. I just see it being to much for newer players when we didn’t have to find vines or yam bushes. If can’t grown them on “lush” worlds why stop them from falling from lush world soil or foliage?

I’m honestly surprised that crops won’t yield large amounts of seeds.

I see it as a boost to newer players though as it gives the people who don’t want to leave their base another reason to participate in the MM aspects of this MMO.

As for needing a high level character to source ingredients for high level foods, IMO that’s a fix.

I understand that people don’t like to lose things. I’m not trying to be rude to anyone and I’m sorry for Bob whensome soil farms will have a negative impact from this.

As for the lower level players this is a whole new market for them. OP of this thread posted several times already that the notion of buying seeds is a joke and everyone will be FORCED to gather their own every time they want to plant a crop.

That’s quite a bit different from Bob’s situation and was the reasoning behind my earlier post.

Yes farming is available to lower tier players too but why handicap them at the beginning? Like reply said should lush worlds still drop sense making a farm does nothing if read farm update post right

Oh ok. Wasn’t trying to be “mean” or anything just expressing concern. We took “pies” from farms cuz farm update is still a work in progress. It’s honestly like every other update. We see it we read about it and than we all adapt to it. It’s the wide eyed bushy tailed noobs was concerned about :slight_smile: