Farming shimming orange orbs?

I was wondering what is the best shovel to farm the orange orbs in the pure network farm? I spent 10K on a sapphire shovel aoe and I have all my skills to where I can do damge but it feels like I wasted 10K on a shovel for that farm that isn’t doing enough damage to collect the orange shimmering orbs.

1 Like

Is it a forged 3x3 shovel? You should also consider using mega strength brews :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup it is and how much does those brews run for?

1 Like

Personally I like 3x3 diamond ones with damage and speed. Also with a speed brew. But if you’re using sapphire or topaz I would suggest a mega strength brew. They are both around 250-350 iirc. I know that’s a big gap but it depends where you shop. New layden has usuallybthe best prices in food and brews

Your zeal skill extends the duration of the buff, I think at max its around 10 min

1 Like

I thought standard on mega was 10 and max zeal was 15. I’ll be on in a few to double check tho

1 Like

I think you’re right. Max zeal with a pie is 45 mins and 3 brews will end around the same as the pie. So 15 mins on a brew with max zeal

2 Likes

Also skill yourself In luck to get more

Here is a really good damage calculator to learn how many hits it will take and what brews you should drink if any

http://www.pfiffel.com/bl/

Also the game intended you to get shimmering orbs from mushrooms. Growth has a really low drop rate, like 1 orb per 15 growth, and that’s with max luck (and max attribute bonus). So if you’re going the growth route it’s a numbers game and you need to be able to harvest large quantities of growth.

As a data point my last trip netted me about 600 shimmering orbs and I came home with around 10 smart stacks of growth. When I do the math on shovel price to orbs harvested I estimate each orb cost me around 8c. This is huge savings over the 75-150c you will see in stores. Even if you were 8 times less efficient than me you would still save money. So I doubt you can waste money on a tool to harvest orbs when the market rate is so out of touch. The calculator will help you maximize your return

1 Like

I think you might be right, now that I think about it my character has 6 points in zeal so its not maxed out and it lasts for about 10 min. Also I’m not sure if all brews have the same root lasting, if someone can confirm?

Pick up atlas, go to Fran, put shim in atlas and harvest glowing mushrooms, I got about 60 orbs in an hour beside other resources, didn’t spend a single iron axe in the process :yum:

1 Like