[Farming Update] Mess up grass tile with half block on them

The game used to allow for grass tile to remains after placing a block on them. I used to do this so I can cover the soil line between the two brick and refined block. As you can see with this image, every dirt block with a block on top of them is now erasing the grass tile. I had to placed grass before placing the the refined block for the entire road of our settlement.

Scouted some old image file to show the difference. Grass tile remains before update and affect adjacent tile in the form of grassy texture.

The worst part is, I cannot be applied it again. Every new block placed on the dirt block will literally remove the grass tile on the dirt.

If this is a permenant feature, the entire road in the settlement will have to be rework.

1 Like

I just discovered something new. Everything else in my workshop looks fine.

But when I place a block on it, it remove the grass tile the same as the road.

So, for some reason, my workshop survive the update application of the new rule.

Uhm, i don’t think it will be a feature, looks more like a bug.
Otherwise many nature related Creations will have a problem.

We still have the problem, that at these refined blocks a blend over effect don’t work, a permanent grass removal would be worse.

At my blocks in my Garden all looks normal.

Yeah I agree this is not a great thing to see… You would have to remove each block underneath to remove the dirt…

Personally I kind of liked to see the grass come through. I also like that you could remove it some times based on how you placed the block.

This happens with GRAVEL as well. I think this likely should be adjusted to as well.

Just to bump this thread up. Will there be an address to this issue, or this is definetely permanent? I suppose I don’t mind the change, but will be good to know something so we could make plans.

@vdragon has this been added to the bug database or something where we can get a response on why bleed through is or is not acceptable and how at least if we have it we can put grass on the block so that bleeds through and not only dirt?

Intentional for ‘full blocks’ to not allow (except for leaves and see-through blocks like glass/thorns) grass under them. When you place the block the grass will be removed, if you then chisel and expose soil where the grass used to be, you can plant grass into that soil again.

Texture-blends have always ignored square/bevel blocks due to limitations in the blending system that are very unlikely to ever be resolved, at most I would change to have it ‘block’ the blend rather than just letting them go through so in the OP first screenshot the dirt blend would be prevented, but that change would screw up blending in other cases so not an easy decision.

3 Likes

thank you for explaining… I will try to replace grass option again…

In the the example in OP screenshot, could in this case make the soil beneath the slab of rock sloped, and then could put grass on it (hidden from view) to force the soil blend that ignores the slab block into a grass blend.

Relly there should be no blend at all, but as I say making the blending system handle squate/bevel shapes is infeasible as it stands.

Thank you for clarification. I guess it’s time to change the design of the road.