Farming update

I just stated this in a separate post but, I think it’d be awesome if we could herd wildstock with our grapples into our new beam fenced pastures.

2 Likes

You’d need some sort of forged pacifier grapple otherwise they’d just aggro you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A couple ideas that come to mind for me…

• Animal husbandry where a player can mix and match color detail variations of animal they are able to gain from the wild. Kinda like those pocket frog/koi pond games on the phones. Various mobs already have the ability to have buffs, debuffs, elemental attributes, etc. Make these breedable traits as well (with varying levels of difficulty of coarse).

• Maybe a multi-tier domestication process could be implemented through selective breeding increasing the number of drops and/or rarity of drops harvested as the animals become more domesticated.

• Typically, IRL, different plants need certain ratios of organic material (peat), clay, silt, sand, gravel, etc. Perhaps every plant could require a type of soil just to grow, but don’t yield drops unless planted in certain soil mixtures. Different mixtures could produce different yield rates depending on the plant and/or even kill the plant if the wrong mixture is used.

• Gardeners experiment with soil mixtures all the time adding things like vermiculite, compost teas, fish and bone meal, lime to adjust alkalinity, etc. It’s sort of like dirt alchemy (hint, hint).

• Just like the animal husbandry idea, same idea for plants. Not only for changing the appearance of the plants but what they produce. Breed certain varieties of plants to make more advanced or rare plants that require harder to make soils and environments as well. Just like IRL, some higher tier species might be infertile and don’t produce seeds when harvested.

• I want an orchard. Fruit trees that can not only be grown from seed, but grafted from other trees. Perhaps after breeding certain higher tier trees, the trees can’t be grown from seed anymore, but a player could gather a cutting from another tree and must graft it to a parent tree within a certain time frame before the cutting expires. Grafting isn’t easy though. A lot of things can go wrong and graft doesn’t always take. The parent tree would have to be prepared for grafting first. Applying certain compounds to both the cutting and the graft could increase the chances the of the graft being successful. Maybe another use for forging compounds or new recipes for farming related compounds.

• Hydroponics/Aquaponics - Lets see some fishes!

This is already in the game. We have brews, soups, breads, etc that give temp buffs. :+1:

1 Like

I would love to see fishing added to the game. The fish could be for food and the skins, head and tail set aside for compost. Good fertilizer and same with all those stupid leaves that is called foliage, which to me is dumb, sorry, but it irks me, they are leaves on a tree, get it right! Foliage should be for the plants, not the trees!
Okay, off the soapbox
I would love to see the growing of trees with some fruit different than berries for new recipes, and new type of cooking instruments. We have campfires we can make, why not skillets we can fry food on? That would be new utensils, new recipes and new products to sell. Have clay, sand, soil, peat why can’t we make dinnerware? Plates to eat off of, mugs to have drinks in. Grow fruit to make juice to drink with a meal.
Tables, chairs we can sit in; have a fish fry with friends sitting on chairs and having fish and chips, LOL
So, fruit trees to make juice, wine and jams to have with meals. Fishing so we can have fish to eat and use parts to make fertilizer. Compost to put the fish parts in, leaves from the trees so they aren’t a waste to put in the soil to make it better to grow food items.
Critters, have pens to raise them for butchering later on or even tame the mighty goats and use them as pack mules, or maybe even to ride on.
I miss horseback riding.