Favorite planets to mine

Hello Everyone!

In your experience, what are the best plantes/locations to mine ores, Gems and hard coal?

Theres about 1 million Topaz on Galan. For hard coal, i’m not sure

1 Like

Mcrib or Serp for Diamonds (Mcurialacrib is more concentrated.

Galan for topaz
Houches for saphire,

There are many portals to Established Mines.

1 Like

if you are mostly looking for metals Alcyon is the best.

If you want gem.metal and hard coal at the same time then Malurialakrib is the best for it.

3 Likes

when I mine diamonds on Mulariakrib, I always bring tons of hard coal, iron and titanium

when mining gems on Norkyna, I get a lot of iron and copper as well and some silver too

in general, silver is the toughest to get in numbers when mining gems, and copper would be next worst that way; so copper and silver are two ores I tend to mine separately (copper on Boori and silver on Houchus, where in certain locations it overlaps well with gold, so you defeat two oort birds with one fist :wink:)

2 Likes

I use to spend a lot of time on cardass for silver. I was able to pull out a few smart stacks an hour there along with a lot of medium coal, iron and gold.

I think you can get a decent amount of silver mining amethyst if i remember correctly. Been a while.

3 Likes

There is a lot of overlap with the edge of the ammie areas and the areas under the mountains. Besy is really good for hitting some ammies while stocking up on silver.

that’s right

exo‘s can be great. I’ve been avoiding the permanent planets for mining lately. It feels more productive compared to similar tier/type permanents

2 Likes

Merica is made of copper, nett around 2:1 ratio copper to iron.

1 Like

For copper I’d go to Alcyon since you get a 3x drop rate, right? With max luck.

3 Likes

Yep better chance on T5 plus of getting more ore, but then I guess a trade off in single hit on merica and double hit and then I guess better side loot on t6.
I use merica if I’m only after copper as cheaper hammer single hit and it’s very densely packed with copper.

1 Like

I mainly mine metal ores copper & iron on Alcyon and silver in Houchus I.
Sometimes diamonds in Kol Huroo.

2 Likes

Don’t forget emerald on Shedu Tier :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I’ve got public mines set up to my favorite ones in the TNT hubs, plus a few others. :slight_smile: These are my top places and will often change gems here with a block changer to get the other type (Amethyst to Emerald, Diamond to Ruby, Sapphire to Topaz). That said, I don’t do nearly as much on the permanent planets these days as the exos can be better, and I enjoy exploring new places. :smiley:

Norkyna- Amethyst
Serp and Malu - Diamond. I actually prefer Serp - the area I have my diamond mine there in is massive and has very little to no lava for a long ways.
Houchus - Sapphire

1 Like

this

going to a world with higher total number of seam blocks is not always the best idea
best thing is to know really dense area (which can happen on a world that is lower on the list of planets by total number of seam blocks) and also (what you mentioned as well) calculate speed of mining (number of hits per block, hammer speed etc.)

1 Like

Do you know any dense área?

For copper I mine a hill next to my town on Boori. It’s right underneath the Ultima Hub there.
I bet there are better spots somewhere in the universe, but this one is dense enough and I don’t have to travel. It’s like mining underneath your home. Very convenient.

For silver I use my own silver location on Houchus. If you follow Ultima Network to that planet, and then use a portal called Silver Lining, you are there.
I like that area because it has this sweet spot just below 20 where silver mixes nicely with gold.

Iron and titanium are mined easily with diamonds and hard coal, so I don’t mine them ores separately. Just go to any good diamond spot on Muliarakrib and you will bring plenty of them too.

1 Like