[Solved] FBX Recording Software Issue

So I wanted to make some videos and record some of the boundless world for prosterity’s sake before the worlds get wiped…

I am not a really experienced Youtuber… I use FBX cause its free and because its simple just press cntrl f11 to start recording and cntrl f11 to stop and thats it, even I can figure that out…

However with boundless all I can record is the opening Wonderstruck and Square Enix and when the game starts it goes to a black screen. I have a support ticket in with FBX to see if they can help but I know in the past that the software has issues with things like battle eye and anti cheat stuff… Is Boundless running any thing like that and is there a way to put FBX on the whitelist?!?

1 Like

OBS is a free and significantly better alternative to local recording on your computer. It probably doesn’t destroy PC performance either like other recording softwares tend to do.

I’ve personally never used FBX so I can’t really testify to it’s use and quality.

2 Likes

I would also suggest OBS. it is also free and works well for me on both mac and windows.
once you select your “scene” which are just different screen sets then just choose your inputs (video capture, window capture, game capture, audio capture) then you are good to go

1 Like

Thank you for the advice I have downloaded OBS but at this point I can’t figure it out its no where near as easy as press cntrl f11 and record and cntrol f11 to stop… going to see if there are some guides to figure it out but so far pressing the record button didnt do anything…

2 Likes

I would look on YouTube. It’s pretty easy to setup.

Everyone that’s learning how to make videos goes through this sort of process of everything looks challenging to figure out.

If you’re looking for something to record your audio to separate from the video, then look into Audacity. It’s free as well. There are videos on how to use it on YouTube too.

1 Like

Quick OBS setup is to create a Scene (name it whatever you want), then add a new “Game Capture” Source, with a Mode of “Capture Specific Window” (make sure Boundless is running when you do this) and then select the Boundless executable.

Then you should be able to record.

3 Likes

thank you for the help but I still only see a black screen when I press record… This is why I use that other software lol…

I have used OBS as well, but I don’t really like it TBH. It’s finicky at best. Do you happen to have a newer Nvidia GPU? I use Nvidia Shadowplay to record my videos and it’s as simple as pressing Alt+Z. It also uses almost zero computing resources.

1 Like

I use Display Capture in OBS. You just need to pick the correct monitor if you’re using a multi-monitor setup. It gets rid of any hick-ups with Game Capture you might have. It’s a dirty work around I’ve had to use with some games in the past.

But I can confirm Game Capture works with OBS and Boundless.

I’ve never had much successful using other recording software. Plus OBS doubles as streaming software so that’s a huge plus if you want as clean of a video production setup as possible.

1 Like

I am using 1 monitor… when I select boundless I dont see anything but a black screen… If I go to windowed mode I see the OBS stuff on the preview screen… and I have done something to my preview screen to split it into two screen’s and can’t fix that grrrr… this is not easy in the least bit… I have watched three videos and still not getting it to work… FBX is so much easier… In FBX I just do my 45 minute video run it thru Handbrake to compress the file and upload to youtube… this is just a pound my head on the desk experience…

Lol I thought of the same. Currently stuck at work a lot though and in the middle of making Forge tutorial.
So maybe later if there is time.
Good luck to you and have fun making it.

PS. I used OBS before but it was funny so I’m back using Windows tools.

Thank you all I managed to get it all to work.

4 Likes

Issue was resolved 2 years ago.