Feathers for Spicy Beans - Exchange rate

It is also used in Greater Beacon Fuel. PM me if want to trade some.

1 Like

I love this idea! :clap:

Perhaps a work around would be a request basket beside the shop stand asking for what you really want to trade. Shop stand selling Spicy beans for 160 and a request basket for Feathers for 5k. I know this is not perfect but.

Also might need to start a thread for just bartering. :thinking:

1 Like

I’m buying spicy beans in Reapers(dk legendville mall)for 30 each. And bitter for 50. Not sure if the prices are fair? But come and get the coin if you’re selling. Also buying inky leaf and going to put a basket for reactive lamella.

Honestly it’s probably ‘fair’ but there were, when I went to bed last night, standing offers for at least 3k at 35 coin and one basket was reloaded yesterday for 3k beans at 40c.

At this point myself, and most of the other players who gather (i assume) regularly are able to gather bitter beans much more quickly than spicy beans,and you need twice as many spicy beans to make a paste base - the lifeblood of forging apparently.

Trumpet Root is negligibly dense. Comparable gathering activities are stardrop vs. desert sword and this means we have a ‘common’ drop mainly gathered at a 64% drop rate and a ‘rare’ drop mainly gathered at a 176% drop rate in biomes with comparable density.

Together with a “top-heavy” level distribution it’s led us here.

I did want some attention on this but my biggest worry is that spicy beanss start popping out of some AoE blocks at an upcoming update :confused:

Yeah I have 20k in my spicy and 30k in my bitter baskets. I think 10k in my inky. I’ll have a basket for reactive and orbs soon as well just waiting on a mass craft of them.

No, the more likely outcome is beans pop out from farming.

The spicy bean bottleneck isn’t new to anyone who forges. There’s been someone off the wall comments about it in random posts for months but it hasn’t been really talked about directly and specifically for this period of time.

It was only a matter of time as more players get in to forging that certain bottlenecks begin to show themselves. Spicy beans imo should be valued double over what bitters on, which is why I’ve historically Hoover spicy up every time I saw them <30c

Help me out here, what do you mean by “farming”?

The farming update, might give us new ways of acquiring beans, but nothing’s confirmed.

@anon67769248 What’s this about bitters being easy, I must be doing something wrong. Alnitans has the most stardrop plants but the biomes are so horrible it’s really slow compared to bitters :frowning:

1 Like

Yea pure speculation. I think that’s a far more likely outcome than Nights concern we’d see it pop out of aoe block grinding.

Edit: I think it’s norky I have my location markers all set too (everyone thinks I’m nuts for so many alts but we’re severely limited by the location saves so I have specific characters for specific roles so as a result I have many gatherers with specific location saves to that character)

Anytime I do a bitter run I bring back about 500-600 and you have to remember, I’m a dad who afks a ton while playing so anyone focused should be able to squash what I do. I could just as well have a garbage/unlucky spicy route also.

Interesting, I’ll have to try Norky some day, thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

Sorry to OP for going off-topic!

2 Likes

Ah there it is. The only ‘farming’ in game right now is AoE block grinding. I didn’t get your reference.

Sorry didn’t mean for any confusion. If I reference farming, I try to keep it in relation to the farming update. I got in trouble by other posters when I called the farms footfall traps because it has a negative connotation. We can continue to call them farms I guess but your right it’s just block grinding.

1 Like

Shameless plug incoming:

Check out R3DF1RE, Antar VI regularly for your Spicy Beans. I go gathering daily (sometimes twice or thrice a day) and throw the beans straight on the stand. It’s tough keeping up with the recent demand but I do my best to gather at least a few hundred per gathering session.

R3DF1RE is accessible via PS Shopping Hub Lamblis, DK’s Ultima Mall - Finata, DK’s Ultima Tree - Eresho, Larky’s - Eresho, Antara - Gellis, Gellis Prime and PS Hub - Antar VI. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly, i have no trouble getting 100’s of spicy beans in a few 10’s of minutes. The only reason i can think for this sort of demand is that forge shops are running 2 stacks of invig1 plus other 2nd level pastes trying to forge high level gear. Im a little bit shocked though, as I still have an easy time gathering these. It has almost made me go sell em instead of forging with them!
Personally, id not trade 1 feather for 200 beans. Its easier for me to get 200 beans…
…note that i have a speed gatherer spec just for this purpose…

1 Like

I felt like, when I was a new player, I was constantly flooded with spicy beans from trying to get fibrous leaves. I’m aware that as my gameplay has progressed and my needs shifted this could be a matter of perception, but it’s so significant a that now I get hundreds more leaves than beans.

I’m not even sure how long sites like pfiffel’s have been online but I would swear there was a drop rate change around the holidays. Perhaps when they also increased the availability of reactive lamella.

Anyways I’m gathering higher level beans near your beaning lodges all the time. They were already there when I started traveling my current route, and right now I’m interested in some location tokens for spicy beans, if you can produce “100s of beans in a few tens of minutes”.

I can honestly sustain 150 - 200 spicy beans per hour in a good case. If that’s the sort of numbers you’re talking about then I’m on par - just the way you put it makes it sound like stacks and stacks of beans.

I know there’s some imbalance in the playerbase right now (top-heavy as I put it earlier) but it seems a big stretch that people are eager/happy to pay 35 - 40c for some level 1 ‘common’ surface loot while they sit on stacks of ‘rare’ drops.

I also apologize for going somewhat off topic here, but I think it’s an imbalance worth examining.

1 Like

I think there are more commonly harvested areas. And further, timing (as i know you know) matters. Ive probably been lucky recently and been playing at the right times! I agree though. I feel like the bean drop rate used to be higher. Perhaps a lot. And it could be just perception as I never had a use for them until forging. I feel that this is actually a huge opportunity for low level players too. When i go out, the speed brew, silver axe and jump skill are my bestest friends (T1/T2). I’ll actually measure the next time im out and see what my numbers look like. Perhaps im way off and should be trading those feathers after all!!!
There may be a lot of coin at the top too. We might be seeing some of that just paying for not doing menial tasks. Its not as if you need 30 beans to get the pastes required. Fortunately I do enjoy gathering.

409 Spicy Beans in 30 minutes

3 Likes

:star_struck:

This is my spec:

1 Like

Yup, nailed it. Looks pretty similar if not identical. I just need to find a better spicy route it sounds like.

1 Like