Feedback/Bugs: Testing Forge Balance

I didn’t know if you wanted all of these mucking up your announcement: (if so just merge pls)

@rossstephens

Bug:EDIT, SEE BUG UPDATE POST FURTHER DOWN, THE FOLLOWING LINE IS INCORRECT Fully Filled Quirk does the opposite of what is stated on the Finished item.

Bug: When using Invigoration Paste, If net Vigor drain for next action is under the Vigor cost that would be needed WITHOUT the invigoration buff, the action cannot be completed.
Example: if I have 200 vigor left, the cost of a Vigor Catalyst 2 would be 170 with Vigor Drain 1 debuff, and Invigoration Buff applied (200-50+20=170). it would not let me use the Vigor Cat 2 due to “Insufficient Vigor for Next Round”) I “think” i encountered this on live as well.
People might want all the rounds they can get with the proposed updates =P

Bug: Bouncy Feet Quirk kills you due to fall damage while standing still and jumping, or bunny hopping down a mountain. Not very “like a trampoline”.

Feedback: All together, everything just looks like it would be made “differently”. Things would cost the same to high end forge, they just take more rounds, and can’t be done in large batches. With that, consider (For the love of all that is HOLY!) maybe a checkbox for a “fast forge mode” or “Advanced Mode” that skips all of the effects/animations and just makes the round happen instantly. This would soften the blow, and could even out the added time needed to go a minimum of 50 rounds.

Feedback: If Glow Boon is meant to be a low-mid level “first boon” entry type thing, maybe replace Glowing Lamella in the recipe with something easier to attain. I don’t even know if Glowing Lamella is available on Lvl3 Planets (seriously… is it? if so, then this is not that big of a deal).

Feedback: Give the people something they all want with no strings attached. (You gave them improved quirks, but it comes with Draining Compound strings)
Give them something that allows them to breathe underwater. You saw the reaction to the 50% increased water breathing, they love it!.. Give them something for putting up with all of this change, easy to do (add a Boon, or food, or potion) and it opens up new mechanics. Unless there is some abuse I am not aware of.

If I find anything else, I will let you know!

3 Likes

glowing lamella T5.

thank you for your dedication at testing.

3 Likes

But they also said they want to add glowing lamella to T3

1 Like

Oh, i missed that, thank you!

Reactive lamella was the only one I saw them adding to t3 you sure they are adding glowing?

Bug Update: The actual effects of hunger on energy drain act according to the description while inside the forging process (Fully Filled Quirk 1 description)

The actual numbers are opposite of what is shown on the finished item:

On the above item, when Max Energy is Full through just above half, the energy drain is 34 (Item description says “42”). When Max energy is just above half all the way to Starving, energy drain is 42 (Item description says “34”).